× Members

How to get theconfidence and energy to appeal

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #133015 by vicky
Hi All,

I found out that my pip mandatory reconsideration was declined on 24th of March. Since February 2014 I have been fighting my illness and loss of career. In June last year I became homeless as unable to afford flat even with housing benefit, so since then I have been living with my parents in a one bedroom bungalow which is cramped to say the least!

My illness leaves me with sciatic nerve pain no matter if I sit or stand lay or walk but I have been able to go out for some shopping in supermarket when the painkillers work, however this only happens a 5 days a month at the most now.

I consider myself a tough cookie and have weathered the storm so far but with the news of failing assessment I have become more depressed than I already was and seem to have lost the fight in me, whenever I think about preparing for tribunal I start crying, my brain is frazzled and the stress has got too much.

There was good news last month in the fact that I was given somewhere to live but that's all been ruined now because I don't know how I will manage Physically or financially on my own again. My parents are getting old and cannot cope with the stress of all this.

Oh my biggest problem is that my car failed MOT and the hospital I have been attending is 140mi there and back...... how am I supposed to get treatment now. My local hospital referred me there because my illness is complicated, even more complicated now DWP made their decision.

Sorry for the rant just don't know what to do, not coping anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133031 by Gordon
VS

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you want to appeal the PIP Decision then you have one month from the date of the MR Notice to make the request, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for more details and link to the forms you need to use.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Are you claiming ESA at the moment?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133039 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic How to get theconfidence and energy to appeal
To address just one part of your post - you might be able to get transport to your hospital appointments. I suggest you speak to your GP surgery in the first instance.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133047 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic How to get theconfidence and energy to appeal
Hi Victoria
I read your post with interest, and sympathy. I then got angry that you should find yourself in such an awful situation through no fault of your own.

I'm afraid I can't offer you a solution, but just a word of friendly encouragement. I know it's easy for me to say, and I really should take my own advice sometimes, but don't give up hope. I'm beginning to think that the DWP make things purposely difficult in the hope we will give up without a fight, so that's even more reason not to give in!!

People here are very friendly and supportive, so try to keep your chin up, a good rant is often just what's needed, and to know you're not on your own.

A x

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133074 by bobby
HI victoria
So sorry to hear of your battles and your loses.
If someone else told you your story - ask yourself how you would respond/react. You are obviously a strong person. Be kind to yourself and have faith in your own strength.
As Amanda has said - let people support you on this site and try not to feel too bullied by DWP.
I went to appeal and found the panel initially daunting but i then felt listened to for the first time and i felt they actually believed what i had told them. Regardless of the outcome it felt like the right thing to do for me.
Take control and dont let the bullies win if you feel it's the right thing for you to do
xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133319 by vicky
Hi Gordon, thank you for reading my post, I have read some of the guides and now a much clearer on what is involved and how to start my appeal.

I would just like take the opportunity to thank you for this website, its the best help I have received since becoming ill, the world is a better place for people like yourselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.