× Members

Renewal of DLA ending in August 2015

• chuchigulrez
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133021 by chuchigulrez
Renewal of DLA ending in August 2015 was created by chuchigulrez
I have been sent a renewal form for DLA this week. My award ends in August this year and I have seen that DWP will be inviting existing claimants to apply for PIP in May in my region. Does this mean I will apply for DLA (filling out the lengthy forms!) only to have to fill out PIP forms again after May even if I am awarded more time limited DLA? Is it me or is this confusing? :blink:
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133024 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Renewal of DLA ending in August 2015

chuchigulrez wrote: I have been sent a renewal form for DLA this week. My award ends in August this year and I have seen that DWP will be inviting existing claimants to apply for PIP in May in my region. Does this mean I will apply for DLA (filling out the lengthy forms!) only to have to fill out PIP forms again after May even if I am awarded more time limited DLA? Is it me or is this confusing? :blink:

Hi c,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If you have been sent DLA Renewal Forms then you should fill them in and return them in good time before your DLA Award ends.

See : When should I send my renewal form back?

From our : DLA FAQ’s

We also have a guide on DLA Renewals first link under the heading : DLA Changes and Renewals around a third of the way down : This Page.

If you do not return The DLA Renewal before your current award ends, your DLA claim will be closed, and you will be forced to make a totally fresh claim for PIP.

There will be no going back to DLA.

The length and type (e.g. Indefinite) of the DLA Award that you may receive at renewal will dictate the timing of when you are invited to claim PIP.

Please reply to this post if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.