× Members

ESA reassessment postponed and a warning

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133061 by Cairistiona
ESA reassessment postponed and a warning was created by Cairistiona
WARNING. Was discussing my ESA claim with the Belfast office. It was suggested to me that I could ask for a review of my DLA. I know that if I did it would not be reviewed, but rather an assessment for PIP would be triggered. I do not expect to pass the PIP assessment, so would have been seriously disadvantaged by this, had I had not known better. Am left wondering whether she has been advised to suggest this to callers.

Second. My re-assessment for ESA was due around now, so I asked when the form will come. Advised that, because of the mess ATOS made, all re-assessments have been postponed for two years and I won't be re-assessed till 2017. Hurray! Two years nearer to retirment age, when this harrassment will stop. Can't confirm that it is as she reported, that all re-assessments have been postponed, but if you are living in dread of a form arriving it be might worth checking if you are on the stay of exection list.

And finally, can I make a plea for some sympathy please? Yesterday I had to make a complaint about the mishandling of my complaint, which is about seven promises of a call-back failing to result in one, the point of the call-back being to discuss the (supposed) need for me to complete another form on account of them having lost both my form and the decision that has already been made by the decision maker. I told them their treatment of me is an affront to my humanity. There now, off my chest. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133071 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment postponed and a warning
Cairistiona

AS far as I am aware PIP has not been implemented in N. Ireland yet, so I would expect any reported Change of Circumstances for DLA to be result in a DLA re-assessment :)

If you are unhappy with the way that the DWP are handling your complaint then you may be able to escalate it to the Independent Case Examiner, see

www.gov.uk/government/organisations/independent-case-examiner

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133073 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic ESA reassessment postponed and a warning
My esa review is due soon and on calling over another matter I asked if esa50 was due to be sent out but was told that I am down for review i June 2017 now, instead of June 2015. On this evidence it seems 2 year deferrals are still the norm....for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.