× Members

DLA Reveiw (ALREADY HAVE THIS FOR LIFE) any advice

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133157 by jayjay1963
Hi
I'm a new member here so not quite up with how thius works yet!
I was told 5 times that i did not quolify for DLA, so i went to court over it, and not only was i awarded it, they gave it to me for life!
I then needed a carer, and my manager (social servies) made a claim for me for high rate of care, which i got as well.
I now have private payments for my care, from adult sosial services, and have been on DLA for the bst part of ten years.
I have Lupus, Discoid Lupus, fibramialga, ostioparosis, severe arthritis, am on blood thinners for life, and a few other medical conditions.
They have said that they will need to asses me for plp claim, but i thought of going to the papers maybe, as it was given to me for a life period, not just a few years.
I will end up in a wheelchair, not to long away, and i have a carer come in 33 hours per week, my husband is also disabled, and also claims DLA.
What i'm asking is can they now take my DLA/PLP off me at all? or can they even asses my case, as i have the benefit for life, or dose that satnd for nothing now?
Anyone with any advice? i would be very gratful
Thanks for the tiome to read this.....:))
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133166 by Gordon
Jay

I answered your first post earlier, see the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=103833#133143

All posts require approval by a Moderator so will not appear in the forum outside of the hours that we are online, even then they may take a while as we usually answer posts on a first come, first serve basis.

Just to add to my original reply. All DLA claimants over 16 and who were under 65 on 8 April 2013 will be transferred to PIP, there is no discretion in this or any exception, even for those with an indefinite award (there are no lifetime awards) will be transferred.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bearer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.