× Members

Bedroom Tax PLEASE READ THIS!!!!!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133159 by jayjay1963
Bedroom Tax PLEASE READ THIS!!!!! was created by jayjay1963
hI
Just to say that i live in a 2 bedroom house with my husband.
When the tax came in i sent a letter appeling this, and they took no notice of it, and i was told i would have to pay.
I had paid this for about 9 months when my adult social services lady came to my home to sort out care for me and how many hours per week.
I told her about the bedroom tax, and she wrote a letter to my council and they not only said i didn't have to pay anymore, but they refunded me all the bedroom tax i had paid for the last 9 months!!!!
So on that note DO see your social worker if you have one, or any other person who will write to your council and try to get the payments waived, it's well worth it, you never know what could happen, and if you get to not pay it, then thats more money in your pocket and not there's.
N.B When the letter was written, i do have my carer stay once in a blue moon, but i sometimes sleep in there when i'm really bad, as i'm in to much pain to sleep with my husband.
I hope that this will give some of you the idea to get a letter written.
Thanks for your time
Debbi :)
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.
The topic has been locked.
  • bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago #133167 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Bedroom Tax PLEASE READ THIS!!!!!

jayjay1963 wrote: hI
Just to say that i live in a 2 bedroom house with my husband.
When the tax came in i sent a letter appeling this, and they took no notice of it, and i was told i would have to pay.
I had paid this for about 9 months when my adult social services lady came to my home to sort out care for me and how many hours per week.
I told her about the bedroom tax, and she wrote a letter to my council and they not only said i didn't have to pay anymore, but they refunded me all the bedroom tax i had paid for the last 9 months!!!!
So on that note DO see your social worker if you have one, or any other person who will write to your council and try to get the payments waived, it's well worth it, you never know what could happen, and if you get to not pay it, then thats more money in your pocket and not there's.
N.B When the letter was written, i do have my carer stay once in a blue moon, but i sometimes sleep in there when i'm really bad, as i'm in to much pain to sleep with my husband.
I hope that this will give some of you the idea to get a letter written.
Thanks for your time
Debbi :)

Hi jj1963,

Although we do not deal with the dreaded draconian Bedroom Tax, I will allow your post as we always like to hear Good News !!!! :)

Well done on challenging this and winning !!!

I will now lock this topic to stop it developing into a discussion on Bedroom Tax.

Cheers

bro58
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.