× Members

PIP

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133202 by Tilly
PIP was created by Tilly
Hi,

I applied for PIP for the first time in February 2014; it is a fully new claim (no DLA previously) so I am not as familiar with the process as I am for ESA.
I finally had my assessment (Atos) a few days ago after a couple of assessment cancelled. I am not sure it went well so thinking ahead a bit. Better be prepared! and in any case I like to keep reports for my files.
Does the decision letter give details of the scores and the HP report?Or,as it is the case for ESA, do you have to ask for the copy of the report?
The HP appeared to know nothing about my main condition and with the computer being down I am not sure she had read the file at all before seeing me...
If I need to ask for a MR and wish to challenge the HP report what do I need to ask the DWP to send me?
Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133209 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
Hi Tilly and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

No, you will not automatically be sent your PIP scores or the HCP report, you need to contact DWP and ask for these. It can be done over the phone but we do recommend that you follow this up in writing. If you need to request a MR you should not wait until you have received these. Details of how to request the MR can be found in our PIP guides.

PIP help for claimants

Please reply to this message if you have further questions, you will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Cindy
9 years 2 weeks ago #133210 by Cindy
Replied by Cindy on topic PIP
Atos is an absolute shower. After waiting 6 months for assessment appt I was given a date, but it's a distance too far away for me to travel and which my spine prevents me from doing.
I emailed PIP Customer Service and they replied to say

i. they were not aware of my medical conditions
ii. they want supporting evidence

I listed my conditions in the applications together with 8 pieces of supporting evidence.
They will do ANYTHING to stop a claim.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133212 by Tilly
Replied by Tilly on topic PIP
Thanks Mrs Hurtyback.

Just to clarify If I need a MR, I should request it as soon as I receive the decision, before asking for the report and then contest the scores and/or HCP report later? I am right? Don't I need to give my arguments for the MR in the letter requesting the said MR?
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by .

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133219 by
Replied by on topic PIP

tilly wrote: Thanks Mrs Hurtyback.

Just to clarify If I need a MR, I should request it as soon as I receive the decision, before asking for the report and then contest the scores and/or HCP report later? I am right? Don't I need to give my arguments for the MR in the letter requesting the said MR?

Hi t,

As suggested by MHB, you should refer to our PIP MR/Appeals Guidance under the heading : PIP Appeals on : This Page.

This will guide you through the PIP MR/Appeals Process.

You can request copy of the PIP Assessment Report now, by ringing :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322.

Textphone: 0345 601 6677.

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

If you have any problems obtaining it you can issue a Subject Access Request (SAR):

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You have one month from the date of your PIP Decision Notice letter to send your MR to the DWP : Sending Documents to the DWP.

Yes, if you wish, you can initially submit your MR with your general reasons for challenging the decision stating that you will forward further evidence ASAP.

I would try and send all the evidence that you have as quickly as you can after requesting The MR.

See also : Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by .

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133232 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic PIP

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: No, you will not automatically be sent your PIP scores or the HCP report, you need to contact DWP and ask for these. It can be done over the phone but we do recommend that you follow this up in writing. If you need to request a MR you should not wait until you have received these. Details of how to request the MR can be found in our PIP guides.

Mrs HB,

Just a heads up - PIP decision letters do state the points scored for each individual activity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.