× Members

ESA when homeless

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133253 by Dole
ESA when homeless was created by Dole
I am facing the possibility of eviction. If such happens I intend to live "on the street". I am presently in the SG. How would I keep in touch with DWP and keep my benefits intact? If anyone has/is already living this lifestyle your advice would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133256 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA when homeless

Elod wrote: I am facing the possibility of eviction. If such happens I intend to live "on the street". I am presently in the SG. How would I keep in touch with DWP and keep my benefits intact? If anyone has/is already living this lifestyle your advice would be appreciated

You can nominate a friend or relatives address and I think under extreme circumstances you local JC+ but I am less sure of the latter.

If you are likely to be evicted then have a look at the Shelter page for information about your options.

www.shelter.org.uk/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133258 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA when homeless
Hi E,

Just to add to Gordon's advice,

There is further information on receiving benefits whilst homeless under the heading :

Right to claim benefits

Just over half way down : This Shelter Page.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133261 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA when homeless
Elod, I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. I endorse the advise to contact 'Shelter' and I believe your council should also have s 'homelessness officer' or similar.

I do hope you are able to get this sorted.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dole

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.