× Members

ESA -New to B and W and the Forum

• bro58
9 years 4 hours ago #133845 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA -New to B and W and the Forum

Dawg wrote: Thanks!!!

I will copy/paste to a sheet of paper and hand it to the nice lady tomorrow.

Good luck D !!

Let us know how you get on !

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 hours ago #133847 by Dawg
Replied by Dawg on topic ESA -New to B and W and the Forum
I will do.
I am going to go to the WFI and listen to everything the nice lady has to say just in case she says something useful. If she is very pleasant, I will wait until the end of the WFI to hand her the copies I have printed (straight from the originals) but I will speed things up if she chooses to be unhelpful or unpleasant...
Would you like me for permission to take a photo of her face when she reads the paperwork I present her with? Hehehehehe.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134458 by Dawg
Apologies for delay, have been rather busy with other matters.

Quick update though.

On the morning of my WFI, I received a telephone call (which woke me up!) from the lady I was due to see. She told me that I did not have to attend the WFI as she had checked the status of my claim, noted that I was not in receipt of anything other than NI Conts so under the rules, did not have to attend. she advised me that she checks the status of everyone that she is due to see in the morning of the date of their appointment so full credit to that lady!!
I have just placed the SSC1 appeal paperwork in an envelope and that is ready to post tomorrow. Have given a very brief reason taken from the fantastic guides on B and W and will therfore have time to continue working through a blow by blow appeal on paper to take with me (with copies for the Tribunal)

More
8 years 11 months ago #134460 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA -New to B and W and the Forum
Dawg

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago #134481 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA -New to B and W and the Forum
Hi D,

Thanks for the update !!

My oh my, a JCP Adviser who knows "the rules" !!

They should be made a "protected species" ! :laugh:

bro58

More
8 years 6 months ago #142633 by Dawg
Well, it's been a while since I posted any update. Pretty much because I had very little to add until after I had been for my appeal at the Tribunal. As it's after midnight when I am typing this, technically my hearing was yesterday.
In all honesty, it was not an unpleasant experience. The staff at the hearing building were all very helpful and polite. The Clerk was more than accommodating with a request I made and when I entered the hearing room itself the Judge introduced herself and the Dr and both of them greeted me with a smile and a "Good Afternoon Mr XXXX".
After allowing me a moment to get myself settled and ensuring I was fully understanding of the proceedings, off we went.
Both Judge and Dr asked me relevant questions and received relevant replies and I was permitted to make more than the odd comment about what had gone on with my medical assessment by HCP and also indicate several inaccuracies contained in the DWP reply to my appeal request.
Just before the end of the hearing, the Judge asked my significant other half if she had anything she would like to add and made note of her reply. (She had sat silently until this point).
The hearing concluded and we returned to the waiting room for about 10 minutes before being called back.
Within seconds of entering the room again and once again greetings having been exchanged, the Judge indicated the papers that had been deposited on the desk in front of me and at the same time informed me that my appeal had been allowed and the decision places me in the SG. We exchanged final well wishes and parted company.

I now await hearing from the DWP which I guess could take another while.

I presume that there is a slight possibility that I may have some arrears to be paid to me.
April 2014-April 2015 paid assessment rate and after March 2015 placed in WRAG with arrears paid up to date Cont ESA ran out (April 2015). From April 2015 to right now, left in WRAG with no entitlement to IR ESA(just NI stamp).

I presume, although I could be incorrect that if DWP do not appeal the set aside decision of the Tribunal today which now places me in the SG that Cont rate of SG now applies from the 92nd day of my claim less any arrears already paid when DWP DM placed me in WRAG? Sound like a fair enough presumption to those of you in the know?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.