× Members

Missed Medical Assessment for ESA WCA

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133295 by raindaisy
Missed Medical Assessment for ESA WCA was created by raindaisy
Hi

I finally got an appointment through for a medical assessment for ESA . My claim started on 7 July 2014. I get £72 a week , fortnightly, but this is deducted from my OH income related ESA.

I used all your resources, sadly not to complete the form , which in hindsight i wish I had. However, had daughter on hand , and planned train journey to arrive half an hour earlier , as the 5 min walk from station , would take me a tad longer.

Got to station and train was cancelled. due to person being hit by train. Now I rang the number immediately , the one on the appointment letter , got through to Newcastle , explained train cancelled the next one had was showing as being delayed , and if it did arrive , i potentially could be 30 -40 minutes late. Before , I buy the train tickets, will i still be seen? She rang through to the center , and came back and said , No , they would not guarantee me being seen. So i rearranged the appointment for May.

I then asked the station master if he could print off a live update for me showing the train was cancelled. She did so.

Now shall I just take it that I will not have my money stopped as i contacted and made new appt. OR would you advise i still put it in writing, if so , to who the DWP or Atos/Maximus?

putting it all into perspective, someone was going to get some bad news.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133303 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Missed Medical Assessment for ESA WCA

raindaisy wrote: Hi

I finally got an appointment through for a medical assessment for ESA . My claim started on 7 July 2014. I get £72 a week , fortnightly, but this is deducted from my OH income related ESA.

I used all your resources, sadly not to complete the form , which in hindsight i wish I had. However, had daughter on hand , and planned train journey to arrive half an hour earlier , as the 5 min walk from station , would take me a tad longer.

Got to station and train was cancelled. due to person being hit by train. Now I rang the number immediately , the one on the appointment letter , got through to Newcastle , explained train cancelled the next one had was showing as being delayed , and if it did arrive , i potentially could be 30 -40 minutes late. Before , I buy the train tickets, will i still be seen? She rang through to the center , and came back and said , No , they would not guarantee me being seen. So i rearranged the appointment for May.

I then asked the station master if he could print off a live update for me showing the train was cancelled. She did so.

Now shall I just take it that I will not have my money stopped as i contacted and made new appt. OR would you advise i still put it in writing, if so , to who the DWP or Atos/Maximus?

putting it all into perspective, someone was going to get some bad news.

Hi rd,

If you are sure that The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15. have rearranged for a new appointment, all should be fine.

However, as a back up, you could e-mail them confirming this, and relating what went on.

You could attach a scanned copy of the Station Master's "live update" to the e-mail.

You are allowed to rearrange once !!

In case you haven't already done so, have a read through this FAQ :

ESA Medical – What to expect

In anticipation of your face to face.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.