× Members

pip claim, relatively urgent.

• ken
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133296 by ken
pip claim, relatively urgent. was created by ken
Hi, I really only have a day or so to complete my claim form (if that really, not that sure).
Already had the 14 day extension.
My problem is I have read the guide as best I can, I have massive experience with what atos / dwp can be like (bad/and occassionally good) and Im struggling what to do.
I thought seeing a pro welfare rights advisor would help, so I saw one recently however now Im really confused as they advised me NOT to send in evidence, plus wrote the bare minimum down on my form for me, in a manner that seems designed to make me lose the claim.
Should I ignore them?
Should I cross out what they have written (for example I told them I often have an issue doing X, most days, they wrote "occassionally" have the issue, even after I pointed out it is far more than occasionally they did not correct it or seem to care.

The advisor seemed ok, professional enough (although did not bother to actually read what i had brought, apart from one or two pages).....

Should i send in the all the evidence (old reports, bills, letters etc)?

The advisor also told me that getting pip is not 'always' going to stop non -dependant deductions, which I thoght would be the case?
The advisor also, on a seperate note told me that if I volunteered for volunatary work on ESA work group that If the DWP phone me up and told me that they thought me suitable for a job I MUST take it as I was doing voluntary, work - I even questioned does that apply when your on the sick? yes he said.

I got the feeling the advisor was either trying to make me fail, was clueless, or knows something I dont.
Whats worrying me also is he works for the same company I am about to do voluntary work for......
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133301 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip claim, relatively urgent.
Hi k,

"Hi, I really only have a day or so to complete my claim form (if that really, not that sure). Already had the 14 day extension."

Yes, I see that you posted regarding using our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) : Here some 5 weeks ago.

"I thought seeing a pro welfare rights advisor would help, so I saw one recently however now Im really confused as they advised me NOT to send in evidence, plus wrote the bare minimum down on my form for me,"

There are good "advisers" and bad "advisers", I am afraid that I cannot comment which of these categories your "adviser" would fall under.

The only comment that I can make that is in the vast majority of situations where our members have made a successful claim for PIP, they have provided extra medical evidence with The PIP 2 Form.

However, only evidence that is pertinent to supporting the fact that you suffer from the limitations/disabilities should be preferred.

The evidence should be as current as possible, although you can use old evidence to show that the limitations that you suffer are chronic, long standing and progressive if that is the case.

You could also comment that even though the evidence is not current that your limitations have not diminished since the time of the evidence and they have increased, again, that being the case.

If you fail to provide relevant additional supporting evidence, how can it possibly be taken into account ?

"Should I ignore them?"

I cannot tell you to "ignore them", that is a judgement call that only you can make.

Maybe, you could add to their comments by writing something like please see addition comments and evidence on added A4 pages at page xx, etc, etc.

The same would apply if you wished to delete information written by the adviser, you would need to delete it as neatly as possible, then refer to added A4 pages as advised above.

No matter what you decide, you must include the actual PIP 2 Form with any other written evidence.

This is because each PIP 2 Form has a Barcode on it which ties it to you as an individual claimant.

"Should i send in the all the evidence (old reports, bills, letters etc)?"

See my comments above regarding sending relevant supporting evidence.

Why would you want to send "bills" with your PIP 2 Form ?

This questionnaire is to explain "How your Disability Affects You", so I cannot see how "bills" would be relevant.

"The advisor also told me that getting pip is not 'always' going to stop non -dependant deductions, which I thought would be the case?"

I am not really sure what your query is here. PIP as with DLA is a non taxable non means tested "benefit", and is not counted as household income with respect to entitlement to any of the Income Related "benefits".

"The advisor also, on a separate note told me that if I volunteered for voluntary work on ESA work group that If the DWP phone me up and told me that they thought me suitable for a job I MUST take it as I was doing voluntary, work - I even questioned does that apply when your on the sick? yes he said."

You are allowed to do Permitted Work whilst in The WRAG, but you should be aware that if any of the actions involved in carrying out the "work" are in direct contradiction to your stated limitations that resulted in an ESA, PIP or DLA Award, it could be harmful to a current award or a potential future one.

There is further information on Permitted Work from the link on this page, about a third of the way down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also : Permitted Work

Whilst in The WRAG, you cannot be compelled to actively seek or take up employment.

You have been assessed as having Limited Capability for Work (LCW) which means that you are "unfit for work".

However, you are classed as being fit to take part in Work Related Activity. (WRA)

Work Focused Interviews

Work Programme

Changes to ESA Sanctions

You can only be compelled to do "Voluntary Work" whilst in The WRAG if the work is deemed as being for the benefit of the community.

In the short term I would concentrate on returning the PIP 2 Form by the deadline date/ASAP.

You can send documents by guaranteed next day, recorded signed for delivery if you post it by noon the previous day.

See also : Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS or Capita.

You could then give The PIP Telephone number a ring a day or so after posting to ensure that they have received it.

I can't really comment on the last two paragraphs of your post.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.