× Members

recieved PIP medical report ,,what now ??

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #133324 by maggieomx
i received my pip report yesterday and found a few of the things not quiet right I sent in evidence from my doctors file and on a few they have put the wrong dates like a doctors factual report is dated 23/05/2015 ?? , and a ENT letter is dated 18/03/2005 instead of 2015,

also I was on my fentynal patch which is 75mg I was absolutely stoned with the drug and kept feeling sick and kept falling asleep in the interview yet on her describing my how does my meds affect me she has put side effects ,,,none ??

and on planning journeys says I drive to friends , which she was told was very rarely, as my daughter who was with me always drives me about when I can get out,

also the patches im on are very strong and alls I want to do is sleep when im on them yet she said I potter about the house ?!! and when im on them I cant get up stairs and stay on the settee yet says I can get to the toilet upstairs !! im lucky if I can get of the settee and walk

now that this ..COMIC ...has arrived and I don't agree with some that's in it what do I do ? do I phone DWP up and tell them some dates and things are wrong before I get the result from DWP ??
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #133329 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic recieved PIP medical report ,,what now ??
Maggie

You can try, however, the Decision Maker is unlikely to take account of any additional information until after they have made a Decision, but there is no harm in your trying.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #133663 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic recieved PIP medical report ,,what now ??
I received my result of my pip f2f medical im so lucky I kept my car but dropped a level to middle with the care component .
do you think it would be wise going for a mandatory reconsideration ?? for my drop in the care component due to all the mistakes that wer made by the examiner ????
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #133673 by Gordon
Maggie

Congratulations on the award such as it is.

I'm afraid you'll have to make the decision to challenge the Daily Living Award your self, this is not something that we can offer advice on.

Factors you need to consider are how many points you scored, if it was 11 then you only need one more for the Enhanced rate which will only require the adjustment of one Descriptors, however, if it was only 8 points then you may need to score higher for multiple Descriptors.

You also need to consider that Higher Rate Care was awarded to claimants who had care needs both day and night, PIP takes no account of this need, so a claimant who had medium needs through out both may legitimately not qualify for am Enhanced Daily Living Award. The reverse was the case under DLA, a claimant with significant care needs during the day or the night would only be entitled to Medium Rate Care.

Finally, whilst you can request that only the Daily Living component is looked at the DWP can extend the revision to include the Mobility component as well. It is rare that the other component is affected but it does happen.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process and template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria for the Enhanced rate, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation than their opinions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #133689 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic recieved PIP medical report ,,what now ??
i got 9 points for the care section
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #133705 by Gordon
Maggie

You have two topics open on your Tribunal result with two Moderators offering advice, so I am going to lock this one and all further replies will be made on the other one. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=103951#133690

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris