× Members

dwp assessment complaints procedure.

• oscar
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133353 by oscar
Hi there, I have just received a letter from the, Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (operated by Maximus) After I'd sent a letter complaining about what the HCP had put on my assessment report, (when I asking for a mandatory reconsideration of their decision.) Basically they are asking me if I want to take the matter further. The MR was turned down and I have since applied for an appeal hearing. I was wondering if anyone had experience of this and what their outcome was? I'm very suspicious of any department investigating itself, especially as I was assessed by Atos and now it's Maximus dealing with it. If my health was better I would like to take this further and officially complain about the HCP, but, is this going to be more trouble than it's worth, and probably end with them offering me another assessment ? Am I better to ignore the letter and wait for my appeal to come through ? Any advice is appreciated.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133368 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic dwp assessment complaints procedure.
Hi Oscar,

I don't have any personal experience with this and don't remember seeing much about it on the forum. However, it is possible that a member will be able to relate personal experience to you.

If you complain to DWP then there is a chance that they could rule this assessment to be inadequate and request another. There is no danger of this if you make an official complaint to the HCP's regulatory body.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.