× Members

PIP Help needed please

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133357 by bassettsfarm
PIP Help needed please was created by bassettsfarm
Hello All

I requested an MR for the PIP decision I received (was only awarded 2 points overall). I received the MR letter and copy of the assessment form, and they haven't changed their mind, so I must now start the process of applying for a tribunal hearing.

To be quite honest, I feel so depressed, so exhausted by the whole process, I'm close to giving up. I guess I'm just hoping for some words of encouragement, and some advice about the next step and what I have to do.

Should I contact my MP, or is there no point? I remember reading things about people writing to their MP, but can't recall what for! It's part of my illness and the drugs I take, I'm having trouble thinking straight.

Please can someone help me? I'm sitting here in tears.

Many thanks

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #133375 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Help needed please
Amanda

Whilst the turnover rate at MR has improved over the last few years they are still relatively low, in comparison appeal success rates have remained relatively constant, even slightly improving, at just over 40% (where the claimants attends).

Obviously statistics are meaningless when applied to the individual, but you should still take some comfort from them as it show that appeal panels make a fresh Decision based on the evidence presented to them.

Have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for how to submit an appeal, it has links to the form you need to use and explains how to complete the form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Have you requested the assessment report from the DWP? This will help you understand how they came to their Decision.

Appealing allows you to re-represent your claim from scratch and correct any misunderstandings or errors that may have been made by the assessor.

I won't suggest that there is a lot of work to do and that it will not be stressful, but if you believe you have a good case then you should give serious consideration to making an appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

• bro58
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133377 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Help needed please
Hi A,

"In a nutshell",

The Tribunals Service (TS) who are totally independent of The DWP are far more likely to find in your favour than The DWP are, as the result of a MR of their own adverse decision.

The TS will look at the adverse decision from scratch, with a "fresh pair of eyes"

Best of luck, whatever you decide ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by bro58.

More
9 years 1 week ago #133395 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP Help needed please
Thank you Gordon.

Yes, I also received the assessment report today. There are quite a few errors on there. In fact, when my mum read it, she asked if it was about the right person, as she was with me at my face to face interview!

I do think I have a good case, but then I thought that when I asked for the MR!

I've started to look through your guide, and have printed out the form to complete. I shall go back to your guide now, and plod on. :S

More
9 years 1 week ago #133396 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP Help needed please
Thank you bro58.

That does give me some hope. It's also quite annoying that you have one month from the date of the letter.....and my letter from them was dated six days ago, so that really cuts down the time I have to appeal. :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.