× Members

PIP for Anorexia

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133382 by netcoach177
PIP for Anorexia was created by netcoach177
Could someone please tell me if a person I am helping who has lifelong Anorexia diagnosed and under treatment is entitled to PIP?
Would DWP recognise this as a disability?
Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #133386 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP for Anorexia

netcoaching wrote: Could someone please tell me if a person I am helping who has lifelong Anorexia diagnosed and under treatment is entitled to PIP?
Would DWP recognise this as a disability?
Thank you.

Hi nc,

I believe that diagnosed Anorexia is a well recognised medical condition.

However, to qualify for PIP, as with all medical conditions, it's the limitations/disabilities that are suffered as a result of the medical conditions that may or may not gain the necessary points for a PIP Award, rather than the medical condition itself.

Have a look at our :

PIP Self Test

&

Our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

As claimants can suffer different levels and types of limitations/disabilities even if they suffer the same medical condition, I cannot give a definitive answer regarding Anorexia.

The PIP 2 Form that is filled in as part of The PIP Claim process is entitled :

"How Your Disability Affects You

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.