× Members

pip

• Sharon
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago #133509 by Sharon
pip was created by Sharon
Hi I came across your site trying to find any info about pip, and I so glad I did!. 2 weeks ago I had my pip ass. And before I went I done a pip calculator and it came out with like 30 for first and 20 odd for the second part. I got my reply yesterday and OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL! I received not one point! I can't believe it, I'm still in shock. Before I havebeen on ESA support for 3 years maybe. And found that I should apply for pip as I am not well and have been for 20 odd years. Anorexia, s****l abuse, bulimia, depression, anxiety, self harm, addiction, and for the last year agoraphobia has taken over. Getting and doing the form and medical drove me I'll! I read about asking for 'mandatory reconsideration' can anyone tell me what it is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133542 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip
Sharon

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you have not been awarded PIP you need to look at the next steps and whether you want to pursue them or not.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process and template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Sharon
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135616 by Sharon
Replied by Sharon on topic pip
Hello Gordon, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!! For the time to reply on my first post and the help you give me. I did do a MD and received a reply 4 weeks later.....Great news! They must of realised how can a admin nurse I think my interviewer at my assessment was qualified enough on mental health problems make a true assessment of their client! As she actually said in the ass she doesn't now anything about mental health issues. As I said to them anyway looked again and I was awarded standard rate daily component at £55.10 a week! My statement of entitlement states. Preparing food: 2. Taking nutrition: 0 Managing therapy or monitoring a health condition : 1. Washing and bathing: 2. Managing toilet needs or incontinent: 0. Dressing or undressing: 2. Communicating: 0. Reading and understanding signs etc: 0. Engaging with other people face to face: 2. Finally Making budgeting decisions: 2. Although I'm grateful I've passed but, I still believe that there is much more they need to take on board and understand my existence as that is what I'm doing. I'll in my head, I'll with physical symptom's, trapped inside my head and inside my home. I'm like a toddler who needs toilet training as in wetting my self all day and night when I bend down,cough,after a cup of tea no control over it. Now I can't even make simple decisions!! Really basic stuff which is making me really confused as well as I can't get my head around why I can't even decide say go the toilet or not? Well anyway Gordon don't want to go too into it. On this forum and my boyfriend are the only conversation I have so I get a bit too open. Do you have any advice on what to do? If anything, on this decision go to an appeal maybe I don't know. What do you think Gordon? Thanks.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135653 by Gordon
Sharon

Congratulations on getting an award,

I'm afraid that only you can make the Decision to pursue this further :)

If you do then you need to aware that there are risks to your current award, there are two things you need to look at, how secure your existing award is and how likely you are to get the extra points you need for Enhanced Daily Living award or a Mobility award

From what I can see you scored 9 points for Daily Living and none for Mobility. Although this is more than the 8 required for a Standard award, as you only scored these after a Reconsideration they may be more insecure than at first glance.

You need to score a further 3 points for am Enhanced DL award, are there Descriptors that you did not score for or any that you felt you could score higher? Given the severity of the marking that has been done, in an earlier post you said you expected to get 30 points, how reasonable is it for you to make up the difference.

As you appear to have scored no points for Mobility, I think you are going to find it difficult to score the 8 for an award unless the DWP have missed something significant.

As it rarely happens that a revised Decision is still considered to be insufficient your way forward is not entirely clear. If you have received an MR Notice then you can proceed directly to appeal, but if not, then you will have to request a new Mandatory Reconsideration.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

• Sharon
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135671 by Sharon
Replied by Sharon on topic pip
Thanks Gordon, I will take on board your advice, Gordon do u have any info on how to really use forums more in depth as it takes me days and days to figure out even to read forum questions and then days to do a question myself. I find it so confusing and complicated. I would really appreciate it. Thanks ☺

More
8 years 11 months ago #135698 by Gordon
Sharon

You should always be able to get back to your latest posts by clicking on your user name (left click with your mouse), this will take you to your profile which will display a list of your posts, the most recent will be at the top.

You can select a post by clicking on the title.

Some topics (collections of posts) go to more than one page, where this happens there will be page numbers at the top and bottom of the page that you can use to go to a particular page.

The guides are available through the Members Only Guides link on the left of the page, the page that displays when you click on this has links to ESA, PIP and other benefits and also has a link to our Frequently Asked Questions page, which has answers to many of the common questions asked on the forum.

You can search the forum by following the Search link link at the top right and then the search the forum from this link link on the following page, just type a suitable word (e.g. PIP) into the keyword field and click on search to get a list of posts that match your choice of words.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.