× Members

ESA MAKING PROMISES THEY DON'T KEEP!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #133770 by susanalicebarry
ESA MAKING PROMISES THEY DON'T KEEP! was created by susanalicebarry
I am in a real bad place right now and don't know what more I can do :( I applied for ESA when I stopped caring for my daughter who has mental health problems, before this I was in receipt of Income Support.

I started my claim for esa on 7th April and was promised that I would be paid money into my account this coming Tuesday 28th April.

PROBLEM
Who ever is dealing with my claim is being horrible. She left a message on my Answering Machine on Tuesday of this week (I was ill in bed at the time) and did not get this message until I woke up.

The Message stated that until I answered further questions about my living situation re my Lodger who is a man and a recent Holiday I had been on then my claim was being put on hold.

I have tried repeatedly to ring her back and finally one of her colleagues rang me yesterday promising me that I would receive a phone call by 5pm, this did not happen and also she told her colleague that she had been repeatedly trying to ring me since Tuesday (this is a blatent lie), I have been sick all week and have been available at all times and have an answering machine.

Now I have no problems at all answering her questions as I have done nothing wrong!
Firstly Income Support was fully aware for the last 4 years that my friend/lodger/and unpaid part time carer was residing in my home, he moved in when my daughter left over 4 years ago, as there was no spare bedroom before then.

When my daughter moved out I was unable to manage everything on my own to my own physical and mental disabilities, I am currently in receipt of High Care & Mobility DLA (Indefinite award). That's why I let him move in. We do not go out together nor holiday together, I employ a gardener and decorators as needed. I also have a female carer who lives next door but does not claim Carer's allowance as it may affect my benefits.

I wanted to complain but the call centre dealing with esa calls says there is no system in place where they could give me an number to complain or put me through to anybody.

All this is making my severe depression and other conditions much worse, I am contemplating ending my life.

I am severely in debt, have no money coming in apart from my DLA, I want to go Bankrupt but can't until I receive my award letter and this woman from ESA does not ring me back.

What else can I do, who do I complain to? She is deliberately holding up my claim even though they have had sick notes from my GP (one covered 1 month) and the latest (covered 3 months).

Please help as at my wits end now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133819 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA MAKING PROMISES THEY DON'T KEEP!
Suzi

Do you know what the question are? If you do then write a letter with the information requested and send it to the DWP office dealing with your claim, this won't be quick but it will ensure that they receive the answers.

There is little that you can do otherwise except continue to try and contact the advisor directly, even though they had the information for Income Support they are entitled to require it again for ESA and also suspend payment until it is received.

In terms of a complaint have a look at the following

Complaining to the DWP

Due to the delays you may be able to claim a Short Term Benefit Advance, see the following for more details

www.turn2us.org.uk/information__resource...enefit_advances.aspx

You can also try contacting your MP but you may struggle to get their attention on your problem due to the election.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris