× Members

pip lost my mobility award

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #133779 by cathy
pip lost my mobility award was created by cathy
i lost my mobility award after my home visit from pip accessor i told them i cannot walk 200 meters and have to travel by taxi everywhere i go i have artheritis in my spine and knees and hip i have had one hop replaced i have athma carpul tunnel raynaurds in both hands and feet i have deprssion and now been diagnosed with lymodema in both my legs they have awarded me the standard rate of daily living saying i need some help washing and dressing the lower half of my body i wrote back and asked them to look at my claim again and has come back with the same award i have no lost my independance totally i cannot now attend the clinic for my lymodema or doctor appointments they say i can appeal i used to recive midle rate care and high rate mobility feel hopeless

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133803 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pip lost my mobility award

cathy wrote: i lost my mobility award after my home visit from pip accessor i told them i cannot walk 200 meters and have to travel by taxi everywhere i go i have artheritis in my spine and knees and hip i have had one hop replaced i have athma carpul tunnel raynaurds in both hands and feet i have deprssion and now been diagnosed with lymodema in both my legs they have awarded me the standard rate of daily living saying i need some help washing and dressing the lower half of my body i wrote back and asked them to look at my claim again and has come back with the same award i have no lost my independance totally i cannot now attend the clinic for my lymodema or doctor appointments they say i can appeal i used to recive midle rate care and high rate mobility feel hopeless

Hi c,

I have just been reading your previous posts : Here.

If you have now received the DWP's decision as a result of your MR request on an official MR Notice, your only option is to appeal directly to The Tribunal Service using form SSCS 1, and a copy of your MR Notice.

This procedure, including a download link for The SSCS 1 Form is covered in our : PIP Mr/Appeals Guidance.

This must be done within one month from the date of your MR Notice letter.

See also : Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

If you read from the top of Page 58 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

"Q14 Moving around

What this activity is about

This activity looks at your physical ability to stand and then move around outdoors.

The descriptors: what the law says you score points for

a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points.

b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points.

c. Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8
points.

d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more
than 50 metres. 10 points.

e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points.

f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, –

(i) stand;

or

(ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points."

It looks like they have applied :

"a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points.

Or

b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points."

To your "walking" limitations !!

For a Standard PIP Mobility (moving around) Award you have to show that either you can only :

"c. stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8 points.

Or

d. stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more
than 50 metres. 10 points."

For an Enhanced PIP Mobility (moving around) Award you need to show that you qualify under :

e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points.

Or

f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, –

(i) stand;
or
(ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points.

So, in your evidence you need to show how and why your limitations/disabilities caused as result of your medical conditions (rather than the medical conditions themselves) mean that you can only "stand then move" (walk) the distance that would give you the correct award associated with that distance.

i.e Standard Award for scoring between 8 and 11 points, or Enhanced Award for scoring 12 points or more.

Have you took our : PIP Self Test marking yourself very strictly ?

It may give you a better idea which level of PIP Award/s that you should qualify for.

See also : How to write an appeal submission. DR UK

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris