× Members

Motability

• Rubyred
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 1 day ago #133805 by Rubyred
Motability was created by Rubyred
Maybe not the right place to post but I am intrigued to see if anyone else is aware of this.

Today at lunchtime my hubby took a 'cold call' from Motability, they had all his details, how long he had been with them.

They then read out a very long script to him which turned out to be a request for a monthly donation of £8, dropping to £3 to Motability.

We have never heard of Motability cold calling and I was quite surprised by this.

Anyone else had a call like this.
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #133817 by
Replied by on topic Motability

Rubyred wrote: Maybe not the right place to post but I am intrigued to see if anyone else is aware of this.

Today at lunchtime my hubby took a 'cold call' from Motability, they had all his details, how long he had been with them.

They then read out a very long script to him which turned out to be a request for a monthly donation of £8, dropping to £3 to Motability.

We have never heard of Motability cold calling and I was quite surprised by this.

Anyone else had a call like this.

Very interesting Rr,

Are you certain that the cold callers were from Motability ?

I have had no dealings with Motability so have no personal experience.

Other members may provide feedback, but the Mods are unable to provide advice regarding Motability other than directing members to their website.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by .

More
9 years 1 day ago #133820 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic Motability
Hi RR

Have had similar from them.I asked motability and was told it is just the charity side trying to raise funds in the same way they send out the raffle tickets in the magazine that they send out which your husband may have received.It is a big side of their business and funds grants for deposit payments on was etc for those who really can't raise the amount needed.
Hope that helps
Steffi

• Rubyred
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 day ago #133863 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic Motability
Thanks Steffi that does help, in all the years we've been with Motability Ive never heard of it.

Bro I would have no idea actually if it was truly them, they knew how long my hubby has been with them and a few other details but I suppose data is quite cheap to buy these days.

Thanks for the replies

More
8 years 11 months ago #134344 by Heffy
Replied by Heffy on topic Motability
Hi. I have just received this cold call supposedly from Motability fund raising department. Very pleasant lady and as far as I can be sure i would say more than likely genuine, although she asked me how long I had been with Motability. This was a little odd as i would have thought she would have known. She asked a lot of questions about what i knew about Motability and how having a car through them helped me then went on to ask if I could commit to £10 a month on a regular basis. When I said that I am totally reliant on benefits and really couldnt. She was a little persistent in asking if i could commit to a bit less than that. Again i said no. Just to warn people really. Im sure it is genuine but if you really are not in a position to afford to commit to giving on a regular basis, dont get hooked in. I am actually very surprised that motability are cold calling people in this way.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134366 by Heffy
Replied by Heffy on topic Motability
As a ps for info for people, I rang Motability and they are making these calls as part of their fund raising.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.