× Members

All Benefits Stopped

• prat21
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago #133853 by prat21
All Benefits Stopped was created by prat21
Hi,
I am desperate, can anyone help?
I was unfairly forced off ESA onto JSA but due to my health I cannot fulfil JSA requirements.
So JSA has been stopped.
I asked for Mandatoty Considerations for both but was turned down in just 2 days for both with a round robin letter which were not personalised to me individually.
I am now appealing for both JSA and ESA but was last paid on 2nd April.
Because I am not on any bebefits I cannot even aply for Hardship Payment.
There seems no provisions made for me and I am heading for starvation and homelessness.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133857 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic All Benefits Stopped
Prat

Have you actually submitted a request for appeal yet? If you have then you should chase the Tribunal Service, once they acknowledge that they have accepted the appeal you can contact the DWP and ask to be placed on the ESA Assessment rate until a new hearing is heard. however, this may still take some days to happen and for payments to be re-stared. You will need to provide a Fit Note at least from the day after your JSA was closed and ideally from the day after your ESA claim was.

You can make a new claim for ESA, but only on the basis that you now have a new condition or can show that your condition has deteriorated so that you could meet the requirements for an ESA award, so you will need medical evidence to support this and a new Fit Not from your GP.

You can speak to your GP or the local CAB for Food Vouchers that you can use at a local Food Bank, there are agencies who can supply these, do an internet search.

If your are eligible for Housing Benefit then it should be possible for this to continue on a zero income basis, you need to contact your Local Authority about this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago #133859 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic All Benefits Stopped
Hi p21,

It's not quite clear regarding The JSA "situation" ?

Did they refuse your JSA claim as they stated that you were unfit to actively seek employment ?

Or has your JSA been sanctioned for non compliance with your Job Seeker's Agreement ?

bro58

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago #133861 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic All Benefits Stopped
Hi p21,

Still not sure of your exact predicament ?

See the following which "may" be helpful :

ESA MR/Appeals Guidance.

See further information on the same page.

See also : jobseekersanctionadvice.com/sanction-survival-advice/

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris