× Members

DLA renewal - How long will it last?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133858 by HellHathNoFury
DLA renewal - How long will it last? was created by HellHathNoFury
Hi everyone,
I got my DLA renewal forms in Jan, welfare rights filled them out for me a couple of weeks ago. I was on high rate care and mob. I received a letter on 21st saying they'd received it, then another letter literally 2 days later saying i've been awarded continued high rate care and mob till 2020!!! I so wish this applied to actual real life where i could relax for 5 years!

My postcode is NE. I was wondering how long i will actually get DLA till PIP? I was under the impression it was October 2015 but now i'm not sure. I was just wondering if in 1 months time i'll be getting the dreaded PIP letter with them giving me a supersonic ultrafast decision this time around? I'm not sure if anyone's had a decision in 2 days flat before!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133860 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA renewal - How long will it last?

HellHathNoFury wrote: Hi everyone,
I got my DLA renewal forms in Jan, welfare rights filled them out for me a couple of weeks ago. I was on high rate care and mob. I received a letter on 21st saying they'd received it, then another letter literally 2 days later saying i've been awarded continued high rate care and mob till 2020!!! I so wish this applied to actual real life where i could relax for 5 years!

My postcode is NE. I was wondering how long i will actually get DLA till PIP? I was under the impression it was October 2015 but now i'm not sure. I was just wondering if in 1 months time i'll be getting the dreaded PIP letter with them giving me a supersonic ultrafast decision this time around? I'm not sure if anyone's had a decision in 2 days flat before!

The October date only applies to indefinite awards, yours appears to be another fixed term award for fiver years. In theory this takes you past the proposed end of the DLA to PIP transfer process, although based on ESA this may be wildly optimistic. If they keep to the schedule then they may transfer you early but it is likely that it will not be until 2020, we won't really know until we are well into the process.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133867 by HellHathNoFury
Replied by HellHathNoFury on topic DLA renewal - How long will it last?
Thanks very much Gordon, its really appreciated. I guess i'll just spend the next 5 years waiting for the brown envelope and just appreciate every month i get from now on and class every month as a bonus. Thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.