× Members

WRAG group for full time student?

• Jackie Vallerius
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133868 by Jackie Vallerius
WRAG group for full time student? was created by Jackie Vallerius
My daughter applied for ESA as she was a full time student receiving DLA. Since application, her DLA was due for renewal and we applied for PIP. We are due to attend a tribunal in 3 weeks as the PIP application has been refused.
In the meantime, the ESA application continued as it will kick in if the appeal is won. She had her medical assessment last week and has been placed in the WRAG. However, I understand that this will mean interviews at JC+ to "prepare" her to find and obtain work. She is not able to work as she is a full time student (30 hours lectures). A benefits adviser told her that she should have automatically been put in the support group because of her status.
Has anyone come across this or can offer her any advice? I really don't want to put her through another appeal as her condition has been worsened by the PIP one. Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133877 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WRAG group for full time student?
Hi JV,

I'm afraid that the benefits adviser seems to be mistaken. Students on DLA/PIP are automatically entitled to ESA but they still have to be assessed to ascertain whether they qualify for the WRAg or Support Group.

You might find this page dealing with Students helpful -

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/how-we-can-he...d-questions-students

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackie Vallerius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris