× Members

Not informed of PIP f2f assessment cancellation

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133898 by The Helper
I wont give dates but just the background.
PIP 2 form arrives at DWP
Dated within a week Capita send f2f appointment for approx 3 weeks from receipt of PIP 2
Day before F2F appointment - received another f2f appointment from Capita for approx one month from 1st ftf appointment.

Contacted Capita same day who informed me that 1st appointment has been cancelled and also the second appointment received that day had been cancelled.
Asked why we were not informed of 1st F2f cancellation, Capita lady tells me that somebody tried to contact us on our mobile ironically the date on the 2nd appointment letter.
Capita would not tell me why the both f2f had been cancelled.
i asked her to tell me the last 3 digits of the mobile no they had tried to contact us on.
She gave me the same 3 digits (eg 111) and I than informed her that we had not given the DWP a mobile no as a contact no!! and certainly had never owned a mobile with the last 3 digits she had told me!!

She informed me that they had used the contact no supplied by DWP and I should take it up with them.

Is this a common practice
1. to cancel appointments?
2. not to ensure that claimant was informed that the appointment was cancelled?

I pointed out the distress it would have caused had the claimant made the effort the next day only to arrive and be turned away.
That would have happened had the 2nd appointment letter not arrived the day before and we queried with Capita.
I asked her to ensure a note was on the system to record my enquiry which she ensured me had been done but she would not give me a reference no for the call.

Do I contact DWP to discuss or check record is there - while we wait for another appointment if thats their intention
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133905 by slugsta
Hi and Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid it is not uncommon for claimants to turn up at the venue for their face2face assessment and only then learn that it has been cancelled :angry: You can complain to Capita about this if you wish.

You can also contact DWP if you want to check whether they hold any mobile phone number for you. Capita will not tell DWP about the appointment cancellation at this stage.

We would normally suggest letting your MP know about this shoddy treatment but, of course, you do not actually have an MP now until after the coming General Election.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133910 by The Helper
Replied by The Helper on topic Not informed of PIP f2f assessment cancellation
Thanks for the reply. I know that the DWP do not have a mobile contact for this claimant.
I think its best not to ruffle feathers at this stage with Capita.
Just wondering if I should read something into the cancellations?
MP's are most likely too busy making biased channel 5 benefit documentaries to fool / influence some of the general public. ;)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #133918 by Gordon

The Helper wrote: Thanks for the reply. I know that the DWP do not have a mobile contact for this claimant.
I think its best not to ruffle feathers at this stage with Capita.
Just wondering if I should read something into the cancellations?
MP's are most likely too busy making biased channel 5 benefit documentaries to fool / influence some of the general public. ;)

The most likely explanation is that they have overbooked the appointments and are having to adjust diaries to compensate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, The Helper

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.