× Members

ESA3

• buzz3
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134055 by buzz3
ESA3 was created by buzz3
Hello,

I would like to ask a question about ESA3.

I have been getting ESA for nearly one year contribution based.
I then applied for ESA3 about 4 weeks ago and have just been told I do not qualify until I have had a medical.
They said my wife earned too much even though she works less than 24 hours part time.
They cannot tell me when I will get a medical.

Are they correct?

Regards,
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58. Reason: tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134069 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA3
Buzz

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It sounds is if you have confused what you were told or more likely have been misinformed by the ESA call centre staff.

From what you have posted it appears that you have made a new claim for ESA about a year ago and because you were working prior to making the claim you are in receipt of Contribution Based ESA.

As you are not in the Support Group your ESA(CB) payments are limited to 365 days and are due to end, the DWP have sent you an ESA3 form to see if you are eligible for Income Related ESA.

You have completed and returned this but you wife earns too much for ESA(IR) to be paid at the moment. Her wages will be deducted £ for £ from any ESA(IR).

Assessments are the responsibility of Maximus, it used to be ATOS, we would normally advise claimants to contact their MP in this situation, it is still worth your doing so but it is unlikely that they will be able to do anything until after the election. See

Contacting your MP

You need to continue with your claim even after payments stop, as you will be entitled to back payments from week 14 of your claim if an award is made. If placed in the WRAG it is possible that you would be entitled to some ESA(IR) as the amount the Government calculates you need to live on would increase due to the award.

If you are placed in the Support Group, then you ESA(CB) will be re-instated and will continue in payment while you remain in the SG.

If I have misunderstood your circumstances then please provide more information by replying to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• buzz3
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136315 by buzz3
Replied by buzz3 on topic ESA3
Hi Bro28

I am very confused by all this stuff.

I have recently been told I have heart failure and I suffer from Bipolar. I should not have to play mind games with people who are specifically trained to to do this for a living.

I have complained to my MP bu it's too soon to get an answer back.

I am 60 and my retirement date is Dec 2020. What is the point of all of this for a couple of years
that they know I will not work? This is madness.

What am I supposed to do?

More
8 years 10 months ago #136335 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA3
Buzz

It is six weeks since your original post, has anything changed since we posted our original advice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• buzz3
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136594 by buzz3
Not a lot has changed. I contacted the local MP's offices with no result so far.

So I requested the reasons why I was put in Wrag - still not arrived apparently DWP can't use email it might be too efficient for them.

I have requested a MR on the phone and I am sending in further evidence all copied and annotated as appropriate.

No communication from DWP or JCP since 9th June

• buzz3
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136946 by buzz3

buzz3 wrote: Not a lot has changed. I contacted the local MP's offices with no result so far.

So I requested the reasons why I was put in Wrag - still not arrived apparently DWP can't use email it might be too efficient for them.

I have requested a MR on the phone and I am sending in further evidence all copied and annotated as appropriate.

No communication from DWP or JCP since 9th June

I did not get a response to the above from any of the moderators.

How long should I leave DWP to chew through my paperwork and get an answer to my MR?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.