× Members

IB since 1998, now 0 points for ESA

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137865 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB since 1998, now 0 points for ESA

Millhouse wrote: Two weeks after submitting my appeal, an unexpected brown envelope arrived on Saturday.

They have reconsidered my case and have put me into the Support Group for 1 year. I'm relieved but disappointed it is only for a year. The stress of the last few months has taken its toll and the thought of going through all this again so soon......

Is there anything I can do about the 1 year date? I am assuming I can't appeal now because they have changed their decision .

I had to pay £280 for a consultant's appointment because the NHS couldn't see me and £300 for a solicitor to put together the appeal papers but it was worth it to get some relief from this nightmare.

Thanks to all on the site. :)

Next thing is for me to put in a formal complaint about the doctor at Atos, I am not expecting anything to come from it but it is wrong, so wrong that any doctor should behave in the way he did.

Hi Mh,

Congratulations on being placed into The SG, and thanks for letting us know !! :cheer:

As the recommended period before reassessment of an ESA Award (The Prognosis) is just that, a recommendation, I am afraid that you cannot legally challenge it.

i.e. Unlike A DLA fixed term award, the length of the award before reassessment is not part of the award itself in law, you can be reassessed at any time after 3 months have elapsed, and you may not be reassessed until after the 1 year has elapsed.

Have a read through : This Post.

Regarding complaining about The HCP, not only can you complain to ATOS, (Maximus) you can also complain to The HCP's governing body.

e.g. The GMC for a Doctor, and The NMC for a Nurse/Midwife.

Remember, The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137893 by JenJJ
Replied by JenJJ on topic IB since 1998, now 0 points for ESA
Thanks Bro.

My WCA was on the 20th March but in the DWP's letter written on Friday the DM said they had once again spoken to "Atos" regarding this new medical evidence.

So I am assuming Atos did the assessment but I have some SAR information ordered and if it is not clear from that I will ask the DWP to clarify before I put in the formal complaint.

And if Atos did do the assessment, then how does that work if they no longer had the contract :dry:

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137898 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB since 1998, now 0 points for ESA

Millhouse wrote: Thanks Bro.

My WCA was on the 20th March but in the DWP's letter written on Friday the DM said they had once again spoken to "Atos" regarding this new medical evidence.

So I am assuming Atos did the assessment but I have some SAR information ordered and if it is not clear from that I will ask the DWP to clarify before I put in the formal complaint.

And if Atos did do the assessment, then how does that work if they no longer had the contract :dry:

Hi Mh,

ATOS still have complaints procedures, they still carry out PIP Assessments for The DWP.

Most if not all ESA Assessors that worked for ATOS have moved over to Maximus en-mass.

They may well try and give you the "run around" on who you should complain to, so you may have to "tie them down" or even complain to both ATOS and Maximus.

ATOS Complaints Procedure Guide

Complaint regarding ATOS ESA Assessment used to be made to : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

See also : Feedback/Complaints to The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

If they do try and send you back and to, that's where a complaint directly to The Assessor's Governing Body may come in handy.

The DWP are the "common denominator" for Maximus and ATOS before them, as they contracted both to carry out Medical Services with respect to The ESA WCA.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.