× Members

had a pip assessment.

• ken
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134396 by ken
had a pip assessment. was created by ken
Had my first pip assessment recently, just not sure how it went.
She seemed professional and friendly, put me at ease (at least as much as was possible considering how I felt, my illness and past dealings with them).
Im not sure she had read or even seen all the documents I sent in though.
She did type more than most previous ESA assessors did, and also picked up on a symptom that I did not even realise was a symptom, so brownie points for that.
I just wish I knew if she was genuine, or a wolf in sheeps clothing, she could so easily (thinking back to how it went) do a hatchet job, or so easily do a really really good and honest report - I just have no idea which way it will swing.

Out of interest, is the procedure for getting a copy of the report the same for PIP as for ESA?
Is it worth getting a copy, or just wait for result?
If she did a honest report, I will have some faith in the system, and some faith in atos, as this would be the second time in a row where a honest report has been done (as opposed to the several highly dishonest ones before that).
If she does a hatchet job, all the good work the last assessor did, all the good work the work programme has done on me etc is likely to go out of the window....

On the bright side, she really did come across as someone who listened. Just need to find out if it was an act.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134405 by
Replied by on topic had a pip assessment.

ken wrote: Had my first pip assessment recently, just not sure how it went.
She seemed professional and friendly, put me at ease (at least as much as was possible considering how I felt, my illness and past dealings with them).
Im not sure she had read or even seen all the documents I sent in though.
She did type more than most previous ESA assessors did, and also picked up on a symptom that I did not even realise was a symptom, so brownie points for that.
I just wish I knew if she was genuine, or a wolf in sheeps clothing, she could so easily (thinking back to how it went) do a hatchet job, or so easily do a really really good and honest report - I just have no idea which way it will swing.

Out of interest, is the procedure for getting a copy of the report the same for PIP as for ESA?
Is it worth getting a copy, or just wait for result?
If she did a honest report, I will have some faith in the system, and some faith in atos, as this would be the second time in a row where a honest report has been done (as opposed to the several highly dishonest ones before that).
If she does a hatchet job, all the good work the last assessor did, all the good work the work programme has done on me etc is likely to go out of the window....

On the bright side, she really did come across as someone who listened. Just need to find out if it was an act.

Hi k,

Yes, the process for gaining copy of the PIP "medical" report is similar to that of ESA.

Phone the PIP Helpline number and request it, and if you have problems obtaining it with a verbal request issue a SAR :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

In the case of a SAR address it : FAO The Data Controller to the address of the Benefits Office on your most recent PIP letter.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Quite a few of our members have managed to obtain a copy before receiving the decision, which is not really the case with ESA.

I would always advise members to obtain copy of their Medical Report, whether the decision is adverse and they intend to request an MR/Appeal, or they are happy with the decision and do not intend to challenge it.

It should always be useful when the time comes for a reassessment/review as it will give you a better understanding of how and why you qualified for an award, that being the case.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

• tammy
8 years 11 months ago #134456 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic had a pip assessment.
hi ken fingers crossed i felt the same way as you but just told my self it is what it is good luck i was given standard 10 points in care and standard 8 points in mob in which i was very happy with as i know its so hard to get i have osteo in spine hips etc

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.