× Members

Not sure what to do next. advice please

More
8 years 11 months ago #134402 by Merlot57
Not sure what to do next. advice please was created by Merlot57
Had PIP consultation 10th April
Received decision 16th April - Only 4 points for mobility
Asked for copy assessment report by phone and then in recorded letter dated 27th April.
Stated once I'd read the report I'd be asking for mandatory reconsideration.

The report was based on 13 month old evidence with many inaccuracies and most importantly I misunderstood the mobility question. New updated evidence I took to consultation wasn't used and the decision was based solely on questionnaire with no medical evidence.

I'm still putting my reconsideration evidence together and have today received letter from DWP stating they've looked at the evidence again and I'm still not entitled to mobility allowance.

They haven't received any evidence.

What do I do next. Do I contact them stating I haven't sent any evidence for the reconsideration yet or do I go straight to appeal? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #134443 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Not sure what to do next. advice please
Julie

It's really up to you.

If you think that your new evidence has a real prospect of overturning the Decision through another Reconsideration then it is to you advantage the DWP and ask for a new Reconsideration, however, if you are not convinced that the Decision Maker, who is not medically trained, will be able to realise the importance of your new evidence, then it may be better to go to appeal.

Basically, this is as much a question of time as the quality of your evidence, if you can get it overturned at Reconsideration then this might take weeks, if it goes to appeal then it will be months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merlot57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.