× Members

mandatory reconsideration

• supernan
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134480 by supernan
mandatory reconsideration was created by supernan
hi i am about to submit my mandatory reconsideration as i have been placed in the WRAG. Do i ask for a written explanation at the same time or do i ask for written explanation first. just not sure if i should put it all in the same letter :unsure: :unsure:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134483 by
Replied by on topic mandatory reconsideration
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You should submit your MR and request documentation used in coming to the adverse WRAG decision as separate issues in separate envelopes.

You could request extra time for the MR process until you receive the documents, but there is no guarantee that they will abide by your request.

You can request the ESA documentation over the phone but would be advised to back this up with a written request/SAR.

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

If you had a "medical" you could request the ESA85 medical report. (It would be the ESA85A Medical Report if no "medical" face to face took place)

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

This should include the prognosis, and reasons why you were placed into The WRAG.

If you have problems obtaining this, you can make a written request. (SAR)

There should also be an LT54 Form, which may contain useful information.

A description of an LT54 can be found at the bottom of this list :

ESA Forms

There may also be an ESA113 questionnaire, if one was sent to your G.P.

To cover all bases, you could make a SAR for "All" documentation used in coming to The WRAG decision.

You could also pose particular questions, e.g. :

1. Reasons why you were placed into the WRAG, including which of The WRAG descriptors were applied, and how many points you were given. Whether it be one or more of The Schedule 2 Functional Descriptors, or The ESA Regulation 29 Non Functional Descriptor.

2. The prognosis of the WRAG award, and when you should expect to have your next reassessment.

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your ESA.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

See also : ESA MR/Appeals Guidance.

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Your written MR Request must be posted in good time to arrive back with The DWP no later that one month after the date of The WRAG decision notice letter.

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your browser.

You can then return to it easily for future reference and to pose any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

• supernan
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #134492 by supernan
Replied by supernan on topic mandatory reconsideration
many thanks. i am finding this all very diificult to understand. what is an SAR

• supernan
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #134493 by supernan
Replied by supernan on topic mandatory reconsideration
Sorry Ive found out what it was. Many thanks for your advice

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.