× Members

PIP - Communication and Engagement

More
8 years 7 months ago #139994 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP - Communication and Engagement
That's great news, thanks for letting us know!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #140989 by JRW
Replied by JRW on topic PIP - Communication and Engagement
Got DWP letter today. They have made mistakes again. Hubby phoned them to discuss and we will be putting the correct information in writing to them.

But can you tell me the date the PIP can be claimed from. Is it from when you first call them? Only I didn't call them, I wrote to them, they wrote back with PIP1 form.

The letter today starts the PIP payment from the same date as DWP put down on the Bundle for the start of my claim. Only that point is a lie as I didn't phone on that date, I was out of the country and can't use a mobile to call and no-one else called on my behalf. The tribunal went with a date six weeks earlier than the date the DWP put on my bundle as my adviser took that date from when I first wrote to DWP applying for PIP. The Judge took copies of this correspondence as DWP didn't include it in the bundle but she thought it was important.

More
8 years 6 months ago #140993 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - Communication and Engagement
JRW

I would expect the claim to start from when the DWP had a completed PIP1 form, as it is only at this point that they can raise a computer record for the claim.

If the DWP are using a different date from that specified on the Decision Notice then you will have to contact them about it.

Does the date that the DWP have used correspond to any event in your claim?

If there is a difference of six weeks then I would have expected you to have received the PIP2 before this date!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.