× Members

Support Group w/o medical - what next?

More
8 years 11 months ago #135080 by Benson
Replied by Benson on topic Support Group w/o medical - what next?
Well done :) Some of us long timers have been up and down on ESA. I was originally in the WRAG group when I was moved from IB during the transition phase, then I was put in the support group from my next ESA50 which happened about a year later (after 4 Job Centre visits), both of those happened without a F2F medical. Then the next and most recent time my doctor retired and so there was no one who could return a detailed form about me, so on my next assessment I had to have a F2F as there was not enough evidence for the DM, but I managed to get in to the support group again thankfully without appeal or MR. I rang up the DWP and they told me my next renewal date was I think September 2017 (can't remember exactly, I was just so happy it was 3 years away), something like that. I got the max time of 3 years.

Unlike back in the IB era you can not get longer than 3 years without having to fill in a ESA50 which may or may not trigger a F2F depending on evidence given. So your renewal will be between 6 months and 3 years. At which point you will be sent yet another ESA50 to fill in.

Well done again :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris