× Members

Support Group w/o medical - what next?

More
8 years 10 months ago #135080 by Benson
Replied by Benson on topic Support Group w/o medical - what next?
Well done :) Some of us long timers have been up and down on ESA. I was originally in the WRAG group when I was moved from IB during the transition phase, then I was put in the support group from my next ESA50 which happened about a year later (after 4 Job Centre visits), both of those happened without a F2F medical. Then the next and most recent time my doctor retired and so there was no one who could return a detailed form about me, so on my next assessment I had to have a F2F as there was not enough evidence for the DM, but I managed to get in to the support group again thankfully without appeal or MR. I rang up the DWP and they told me my next renewal date was I think September 2017 (can't remember exactly, I was just so happy it was 3 years away), something like that. I got the max time of 3 years.

Unlike back in the IB era you can not get longer than 3 years without having to fill in a ESA50 which may or may not trigger a F2F depending on evidence given. So your renewal will be between 6 months and 3 years. At which point you will be sent yet another ESA50 to fill in.

Well done again :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.