× Members

Pip Letter arrived for appointment with health pro

• Joseph Roche
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135559 by Joseph Roche
Hi everybody.

I've received a letter this morning from atos.

I have an appointment next Tuesday 9th at the hospital with a health professional, I'm taking my partner with me for back up. But I'm seriously bricking it !!!!
I'm I right to be concerned?
I had a benefits rights officer fill in my form, I've not lied on the form, I have suffered with Fibromyalgia and CFS for years, and I suppose like most sufferers I have good days, but mostly bad flare up days/weeks.

What will be expected from me at the interview?

Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago #135581 by bro58
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It will be more of a Q & A session more than a "medical" although there may be some basic medical examinations.

How you manage the return trip to and from the assessment will be used as part of the actual assessment itself.

This will be particularly pertinent if you have stated that you have problems "Moving Around" or "Going Out" !!

Observations may be made on your approach to the building, leaving and whilst inside.

The Assessor may make assumptions from said observations and use them as part of their recommendations in The PIP Medical Report that they compile.

Most members report that the actual assessment was an acceptable experience.

You can read what to expect from page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Good luck, and please let us know how you got on.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.