× Members

Too scared to send ESA-50 in

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135566 by annie-rose
Too scared to send ESA-50 in was created by annie-rose
I was not given an ESA-50 form when I applied for ESA over 18 months ago and have been too scared of the medical to print one out and send it in so have been on assessment rate all this time.

I have a mental health condition and find medical appointments incredibly stressful (I avoid going to the GP practice even when I need to).

The news about Maximus and the new guidelines has only made things worse.

I don't really know if I can just keep sending Med 3/Fit notes or whether I'll just get called in for an assessment that way.

Help please :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135587 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Too scared to send ESA-50 in

Ellie wrote: I was not given an ESA-50 form when I applied for ESA over 18 months ago and have been too scared of the medical to print one out and send it in so have been on assessment rate all this time.

I have a mental health condition and find medical appointments incredibly stressful (I avoid going to the GP practice even when I need to).

The news about Maximus and the new guidelines has only made things worse.

I don't really know if I can just keep sending Med 3/Fit notes or whether I'll just get called in for an assessment that way.

Help please :)

Hi E,

I can understand your concerns, but cannot really offer any new advice regarding your quandary other than we have before ; Here.

Unless you contact DWP/Maximus, you will have to wait for an ESA50 to arrive through the post.

You must keep sending Fit Notes in until you are assessed and placed into a group, at which time you would be informed that you no longer had to do so.

If you fear that you may simply receive an appointment for a "medical" with Maximus without first being given the opportunity to fill out a current ESA50, you could keep a current one saved on your P.C. by : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 3rd and 4th links down :

ESA Claims Guides

If you do this, and then receive a letter for a "Medical" without receiving an ESA50 to fill in, you will have the ESA50 ready which you can then forward to Maximus.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.