× Members

PIP Tribunal

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135569 by Niclou
PIP Tribunal was created by Niclou
I have an appointment to attend PIP Tribunal next week - has anybody attended a tribunal yet as it would be good to know what to expect. I am very nervous about attending as I have a problem going out doors meeting other people, thats just 1 of many problems. It would be good for any feedback.

niclou
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135599 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal
NLJ

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

A PIP Tribunal has a panel of three people, a Judge, a doctor, and a person with experience of disability issues.

They will all ask you questions about your day to day problems and how you deal with them, the questioning will be forceful but should not be aggressive.

Although the following video is for an ESA Tribunal it should give you an idea of how things are done.

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Niclou

More
8 years 11 months ago #135961 by Niclou
Replied by Niclou on topic PIP Tribunal
Thank you Gordon I have changed my screen name. I have watched the video and feel much better about what to expect. My tribunal hearing is today and I feel so anxious and sick. I am worried because I have nobody to come in with me as they all have other committments and feel that this may go against me. I will let you know how things go.

niclou

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris