× Members

been moved from

• kimmy
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135615 by kimmy
been moved from was created by kimmy
Hi can you please advise I am totally dumbstruck! I have been in Esa support group for 3 years, I have Spinal stenosis, prolapsed discs, arthritc hip depression, anxiety panic attacks Neuralgia of the head, tendonitis of left arm,
I am unable to mobilise more than 1 step without severe discomfort.
in Dec 2013 I had to fill out a news esa50 I was called to medical assessment March 2015.
I was awarded 18 points and put into WRAG , 15 of these for mental health problems, 3 for mobility as assessor state I can mobilise 200 metres on level ground which could be improved with a wheelchair!

I got a call from decision maker, who was very apologetic that he had not been able to put me in support group on mobility grounds and advised I ask for mandatory reconsideration. he advised I get my doctor to write a support letter stating I cannot mobilise 200 metres which she did. I have had a call today from another decision maker telling me that because assessor states I have no upper limb problems I have still not made support group. I explained I have tendonitis and cannot hardly use my left arm ( I am left handed) I also have spinal stenosis which means I cannot sit for more than 10 mins it would be impossible for me to sit or propel a wheelchair! she basically said if I appeal I would more than likely lose everything as the government has changed it's rules can you please advise as I now want to appeal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135650 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic been moved from
Hi Kimmy,

I'm sorry that you have been put into the WRAG this time from the SG. The mobilising descriptor for SG is that you cannot mobilise for more than 50m. As you have found, if you are judged to be able to use a manual wheelchair you will score no points. I am not aware of any changes re this.

If you now have the Mandatory Reconsideration notice, in writing, you can go ahead and submit an official appeal. There is a risk to this but the Tribunal are supposed to warn you if they are considering removing your entire ESA award.

Have a look at our appeal resources and then come back to this thread if/when you have more questions.

Appeals FAQs

ESA claims and appeals

Edited to add - there is no need to submit a second post if your first does not appear immediately. The forum was very busy this afternoon and the mods were not able to deal with every post at the time. I have deleted your duplicate thread so that all information is kept together in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kimmy

• kimmy
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135651 by kimmy
Replied by kimmy on topic been moved from
Thank you wasn't sure if I had actually submitted first post as silly laptop keeps crashing!

More
8 years 11 months ago #135661 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic been moved from
[quote="kimmy
" post=135651]Thank you wasn't sure if I had actually submitted first post as silly laptop keeps crashing![/quote]

I've been having similar problems with mine!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.