× Members

Weird phone call today.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135621 by sandieleo
Weird phone call today. was created by sandieleo
Hello, this afternoon I received a telephone call on behalf of DWP (I think that's what she said, heard DWP and my mind scrambled with panic), she asked if I had 10 minutes to spare to answer questions about PIP and what I knew about the benefit, I am on DLA at the moment. She asked what illnesses I had, if I had had any info from DWP on PIP, if I would look on DR's notice board's, local papers etc for info about PIP, if I would get help from a government agency or a private agency if I wanted help. She did say my answers wouldn't be passed to DWP with anything that would identify they were from me. The more I think about it the more worried I am. Has anyone else had this sort of call. The telephone number is 02073404152.
Best wishes
Sue
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #135628 by
Replied by on topic Weird phone call today.

Sue wrote: Hello, this afternoon I received a telephone call on behalf of DWP (I think that's what she said, heard DWP and my mind scrambled with panic), she asked if I had 10 minutes to spare to answer questions about PIP and what I knew about the benefit, I am on DLA at the moment. She asked what illnesses I had, if I had had any info from DWP on PIP, if I would look on DR's notice board's, local papers etc for info about PIP, if I would get help from a government agency or a private agency if I wanted help. She did say my answers wouldn't be passed to DWP with anything that would identify they were from me. The more I think about it the more worried I am. Has anyone else had this sort of call. The telephone number is 02073404152.
Best wishes
Sue

Hi S,

Just tried putting the number in 2 or 3 reverse directory websites, whocallsme, etc, and nothing came up.

It's probably a Market Research company.

As an aside, even if it had been The DWP, you are not obliged to speak with them on the phone.

bro58

More
8 years 11 months ago #135631 by sandieleo
Replied by sandieleo on topic Weird phone call today.
Hi bro58, thanks for the reply, I tried checking number and ringing them back and it just kept ringing. Do you think they were working for the DWP as I think she said my answers would be going to the DWP and this would explain how she got my name and number. Am I just being paranoid? I am more anxious at moment waiting for the budget next week.
Best wishes
Sue

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.