× Members

Pip medical - Anonomous allegation

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135624 by metrorider
Pip medical - Anonomous allegation was created by metrorider
Hi,

I've received a' Notification of Local Service Compliance' letter requiring me to attend an interview regarding my benefit entitlement. I did some research on this and it's either an allegation or just routine.
I called the Compliance office today to enquire as to what has triggered this as I was a bit confused as to what I'd done wrong. I'm told that someone has called the Benefit Fraud line anonomously and made an allegation against me. They say that at my PIP medical in February I misled the medical team by withholding my medication I take for 3 days previously, thus to make my condition seem worse than it was. I've suffered from a Avoidant Personality Disorder/Social Phobia for much of my life and this is backed up by my substantial medical records.
I got awarded PIP and was very grateful that the DWP actually believed me after all these years and that It gave my piece of mind that I was not just being taken seriously. It's also opened many doors for me.I really did not think I would get it to be honest so was very happy when it was awarded.

Where do I go from here? Does this mean I will be under suspicion from now on as I'm currently on the assessment phase of ESA?I have nothing to hide and to be honest can't believe someone I know would even do this to me?

Any ideas?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135656 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip medical - Anonomous allegation
Hi metrorider,

What a horrible thing to happen, it must be very upsetting to think that someone would do this! DWP deal with this sort of thing all the time and are very used to the allegations being malicious and unfounded. I believe some of our members have been through a similar thing, hopefully someone can give you some reassuring information.

If this is an 'interview under caution', you should take legal representation with you when you go. Otherwise it is simply a 'fact finding' session but you can still take someone with you if you wish.

I hope that this situation is soon resolved for you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), metrorider

More
8 years 11 months ago #135658 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical - Anonomous allegation
metrorider

The DWP are required to follow up all calls to the Fraud Line, in the vast majority of cases it goes no further than someone looking at the claimants file and deciding that no further action is required, however, in some cases it will go as far as the claimant being asked to attend an interview on the matter.

It would seem to me that it would be extremely difficult to prove such an allegation, unless the DWP had evidence of you admitting to doing so, in which case I would have expected the interview to be Under Caution.

It may be that the allegation is sufficiently severe as to warrant an interview and that is why you have been summoned. The DWP must take into account any limitations that result from your conditions, so if your attendance at their offices is precluded you should contact them again and ask for it to be held at your home.

You are entitled to have someone with you at the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, metrorider

More
8 years 11 months ago #135660 by metrorider
Replied by metrorider on topic Pip medical - Anonomous allegation
Thank you for your responses.

What makes it worse is that this could be someone close to me such as a close friend or relative even. I've no idea why someone would do this to me to be honest.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135662 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical - Anonomous allegation

metrorider wrote: Thank you for your responses.

What makes it worse is that this could be someone close to me such as a close friend or relative even. I've no idea why someone would do this to me to be honest.

Given the tone set by the Government over the last five years and undoubtedly the next five, it's surprising that we do not see it more often on the forum.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: metrorider

More
8 years 11 months ago #135730 by metrorider
Replied by metrorider on topic Pip medical - Anonomous allegation
Do you think I ought to think about consulting a solicitor to attend with me? I'm not sure whether Id qualify for legal aid being on ESA (C)?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris