× Members

Pip medical - Anonomous allegation

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135939 by metrorider
Replied by metrorider on topic Pip medical - Anonomous allegation

TCP wrote: I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to you. Some years back an allegation was made about me and I had an interview at a JCP about it. Once there I was able to put my side of the story and the two people who interviewed me were very pleasant. I still don't know to this day who falsely reported me, but it must have been someone I know well because of the nature of the allegation.
I wish you well.

Thank you for your kind wishes.

I'm really angry and hurt that someone would even think about reporting me. I've still no idea who it was, but without any evidence against me and an anonymous call I'm just hoping it will go no further as I just don't need this right now.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135966 by metrorider
Well, after nearly 7 days of stress and anxiety over this it was over in under 10 mins today.
The investigator read me the allegation asked me if my circumstances had changed, to which I said no. Then asked to sign it and the case is now closed.
I mentioned that this must have come internally then as the only person who knew my medical date and time was the person who came with me and the DWP. They would not even let me see any of the notes on the report which is wrong as how can you defend yourself if you can't see any of the facts?
I ought to let this go now but I'm angry that it may have been someone who knows me and works for the DWP in a local job centre near me. He is married to a friend of mine but we have not always seen eye to eye on things.

Is there any way I can find out if my files have been accessed from a particular Job Centre through data protection?

More
8 years 11 months ago #135979 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical - Anonomous allegation
metrorider

The positive thing to take away from this is that the allegation was not taken any further and that the DWP were able to accept your word that there was no change in your conditions, it was clearly a tick in the box exercise.

As this did not progress beyond an interview, I doubt that you have any right to see the information that the DWP which prompted the interview, as to finding out who accessed your DWP records, an allegation, even by a DWP employee would not require them to have accessed your information so there may be no "trail" to follow.

It may be possible to make a Subject Access Request for a list is users that have looked at your information, you would need to know the timescale that this had happened within and for any follow up action you would need to show that this person had not only accessed your information but had no requirement to do so at the time. It's a principle of data protection that only those who have need to access information are allowed to do so.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 11 months ago #136006 by metrorider
The more I think about it now I've calmed down the more I think you are right - it's just a box ticking exercise.

I will just draw a line in the sand and forget about it.

Thanks again!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.