× Members

ESA acceptance

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135643 by Barbara
ESA acceptance was created by Barbara
Good Evening
Can you tell me if this is usual please. I phoned DWP yesterday 2 June and spoke to someone who asked me all my health problems etc. she said the form would be sent to me for checking. Today 3 June a phone call saying I should have claimed end of March when SSP finished. Explained I was on half wages until mid June. At 3.30 pm I had a text to say 'We confirm you will get ESA. We will send you a letter and we will pay you £656.50. Which they did!
Will I still need to complete ESA50? I am hoping to be placed in support group on regulation 29/35. I am surprised that I have received anything at all while on half wage but lady said as it was contribution based it was right. I won't spend it yet just in case they have got it wrong, have they?

Many thanks
B
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135663 by
Replied by on topic ESA acceptance

Barbara wrote: Good Evening
Can you tell me if this is usual please. I phoned DWP yesterday 2 June and spoke to someone who asked me all my health problems etc. she said the form would be sent to me for checking. Today 3 June a phone call saying I should have claimed end of March when SSP finished. Explained I was on half wages until mid June. At 3.30 pm I had a text to say 'We confirm you will get ESA. We will send you a letter and we will pay you £656.50. Which they did!
Will I still need to complete ESA50? I am hoping to be placed in support group on regulation 29/35. I am surprised that I have received anything at all while on half wage but lady said as it was contribution based it was right. I won't spend it yet just in case they have got it wrong, have they?

Many thanks
B

Hi B,

Just been looking at your previous post : Here from 4-5 weeks ago.

If the phone call that you speak of yesterday was to make your claim for ESA, they will have filled in The ESA 1 Claim Form for you over the phone.

They generally send a copy of it out to you to sign to say that you agree with the information therein and return it.

This is usually a formality and you should still receive the ESA 1 to sign and return.

You should be entitled to ESA at the Assessment Rate from the date that your SSP ended, and it can be back dated to 3 months before you actually claim.

ESA Assessment Rate is currently £73.10/Week, (£72.40/Week prior to 06/04/15)

See : Benefit Rates 2015/16

So if the end of March is correct, that would be approximately 9 weeks at approx £73/Week = approx £657.

You are now in The Assessment Phase, and you will receive an ESA50 to fill in shortly.

You could ease time restraints to fill in and return The ESA50 by making a start on it now by :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus

You can then return it by the deadline given when you receive the paper ESA50 through the post.

I must warn you that some claimants have waited over a year for an assessment after returning their ESA50, and if you are in receipt of CB ESA only in The Assessment Phase, payment will cease after 365 days of payment.

See : 12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

From our :

ESA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

More
8 years 11 months ago #135668 by Barbara
Replied by Barbara on topic ESA acceptance
Thank you so much for your quick reply. OK so all seems to be in order. Yes, thanks I have already made a good start on the ESA50 with your invaluable guide. Have just had my occupational health interview and letter saying I am unfit for work along with three letters from consultants. As many of the descriptors are not applicablr I am also putting together a statement requesting special circumstances regulation 29/35.

Again many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.