× Members

no show atos

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135734 by nana neesie
no show atos was created by nana neesie
hi there i am writing to ask you for any help/advice if possible my partner who had a heart attack in 2011 but still carried on working after his stents were fitted, developed unstable angina and also a trapped nerve in neck affecting left arm and leg numbness and loss of strength in dec 2014 and has been very ill since unable to work and needing help in every aspect of our daily lives he has resisted claiming dla/pip until now i had our form filled in by a advice centre but reading the content of some of the other claims on here i do not think she has showed the true extent of his illness and how it affects him and his family can i submit aditional infomation? i applied for it in april 2015 we had our first atos pip appointment june 1st we had to travel out of town my partner being in great pain we struggled to get there but we did we had to go to a small physio place which was packed no seats ? we had to sit in the foyer in front of the front electric doors bearing in mind my partner had developed a respitory tract infection and was not well we sat and sat in the end i had to get my partner to go back to our car and lay the seats down so he was comfortable and i sat and waited for appointment and waited and waited after a hour i approached the receptionist and asked about his appointment to be told there was no atos representitive to see him (they never turned up ) so after a leaving at half 2 for appointment at half 3 it now being half 4 i walked out in discust arriving home at half 5 i rang atos customer care as soon as i arrived home i explained the discust she then said she had left a message at 11.30 to inform us not to attend checked my phone no message they have arranged another appointment for tue 9th june this tuesday i need to be able to give them addition info ,can i also complain and who to feel let down by advice centre and atos i have now made a claim for esa for myself and my partner as we have no money as my partner cannot work any more since dec 2014 PLEASE HELP SORRY FOR THE RAMBLING WERE JUST FED UP THANKS
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135749 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic no show atos
NN

You should be able to add information up to and including the day of the assessment, given the timescales I don't think there is any point sending it through the post unless you can afford to send it Next Day delivery.

Take a copy with you on the day and ask the assessor to read it and include it in your file before they continue with the interview.

I would also recommend that you send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim, marked for the attention of the Decision Maker.

If you want to make a complaint to ATOS about the previous appointment then you can do so by following the information on the following page.

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135822 by nana neesie
Replied by nana neesie on topic no show atos
thank you gordon i will as the assessor to read it and include it our file before they continue with the interview will asso send a copy to the dwp i will let you know the outcome

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135908 by nana neesie
hi gordon i done what you said and gave the assesor of our pip assesment the notes that i had written about how my partners day to day living affects him and also the rest of the family our pip assesor has included it in with her assesment she was very nice and respectfull she was a nurse she asked my partner to do a few things ie a blow test bending lifting strength he could not do a few of these but she had said before if you are not capable do not force yourself to do it she also listened to what i had to say when my partner did not understand the questions all in all it was a pleasant experience befor we left for home our gp rang with the results of his mri scan and unfortunaly he has numerous prolapsed vertebra discs which in turn are trapping nerves causing the numbness and pain and loss of strength on his left side this coupled with his unstable angina/ angina attacks /breathlessness are the reasons we applied for the pip fingers crossed he will get passed thanks again gordon for your help

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135909 by
Replied by on topic no show atos
Hi nn,

I have merged your topics for continuity.

Gordon is not on-line to day.

Thanks for the feedback, I am glad that the assessment was not too testing !

Please keep us updated.

You can give it a week or so then ring the PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whilst on the phone you can request a copy of The PIP Assessment Report compiled by The ATOS Assessor.

Some members have managed to obtain a copy of this before they receive notice of the actual decision.

You should definitely be able to gain copy after the decision.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

• nana neesie
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135929 by nana neesie
will keep you informed bro58 well worth the money for someone who does not know anything about the benefits system glad theres sites like this thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.