× Members

In Receipt of DLA, relocating to Belfast

• roone34
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135821 by roone34
Hi,
I am 70years old and have an indefinite award of DLA covering Higher Rate Mobility and Lower Rate Care. I suffer with Oestoarthritis and Fibromyalgia.
Someone has told me I would have to reapply for DLA when I move to Belfast as it is not classed the same as England. Is this correct.

Maggie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135835 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic In Receipt of DLA, relocating to Belfast

roone34 wrote: Hi,
I am 70years old and have an indefinite award of DLA covering Higher Rate Mobility and Lower Rate Care. I suffer with Oestoarthritis and Fibromyalgia.
Someone has told me I would have to reapply for DLA when I move to Belfast as it is not classed the same as England. Is this correct.

Maggie

We know that their are problems moving from Northern Ireland to the UK mainland But I am not sure whether these exist in the other direction, your best bet is to contact the Social Security Agency who manage benefits in N. Ireland. See

www.dsdni.gov.uk/index/ssa.htm

There is an A-Z of office at the bottom of the page.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• roone34
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135954 by roone34
Replied by roone34 on topic In Receipt of DLA, relocating to Belfast
Thank you Gordon, I willphone them as you have suggested and let you know what they say. I do know they have problems there with the Welfare Budget and it is going to benefits are due for severe cuts.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris