× Members

ESA advise

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135914 by belfastboz
ESA advise was created by belfastboz
Hello everyone,

I was hoping I may get some advice. I have been waiting for a decision regarding my ESA claim since I returned my medical questionnaire on the 14th Oct 2014.

I currently receive the basic ESA award although after my mental health deteriorated recently I was reassessed for DLA and placed on the highest rate for care and the lowest for mobility.

Anyone any ideas on what my next step should be/ this waiting process is impacting negatively on emotional wellbeing.

Kind regards

David
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135916 by
Replied by on topic ESA advise

belfastboz wrote: Hello everyone,

I was hoping I may get some advice. I have been waiting for a decision regarding my ESA claim since I returned my medical questionnaire on the 14th Oct 2014.

I currently receive the basic ESA award although after my mental health deteriorated recently I was reassessed for DLA and placed on the highest rate for care and the lowest for mobility.

Anyone any ideas on what my next step should be/ this waiting process is impacting negatively on emotional wellbeing.

Kind regards

David

Hi bb,

Do you live in N Ireland ?

If so, you should : Contact ESA they can expedite a decision if you are suffering financial hardship.

For mainland U.K. :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

You could also contact your M.P. :

Contacting your MP

Several of our members have been waiting well over 12 months after returning an ESA50 without receiving a decision.

If your medical conditions have changed or deteriorated since the time of returning your ESA50, you may also wish to inform them of this.

You could also put it in writing to the address of the Benefits Office on your most recent ESA letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP/DSD

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

More
8 years 11 months ago #135956 by belfastboz
Replied by belfastboz on topic ESA advise
Dear Bro 58,

No I live in Islington London....... I will follow your advise as I'm support by The ICOPE (mental health services) and my GP. I have an assessment with NHS Psychotherapy Service for longer term talking treatment following 10 session's of Person Centered Counselling.

I will make contact with my local MP as you advised.

Kind regards

David

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris