× Members

change of condition

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135933 by gennyop
change of condition was created by gennyop
Hi all
My first post so please be gentle !
I have severe emphysema and Copd and am currently in receipt of an indefinite award of DLA - standard daily care and enhanced mobility - also receive contribution based ESA
My age is 64 - dob 8/2/1951

I have recently been prescribed ambulatory oxygen for my condition - should I
a. report this as a change in my condition
b.will the DWP require me to complete a PIP application ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Jim
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135936 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic change of condition

gennyop wrote: Hi all
My first post so please be gentle !
I have severe emphysema and Copd and am currently in receipt of an indefinite award of DLA - standard daily care and enhanced mobility - also receive contribution based ESA
My age is 64 - dob 8/2/1951

I have recently been prescribed ambulatory oxygen for my condition - should I
a. report this as a change in my condition
b.will the DWP require me to complete a PIP application ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Jim

Hi gp,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

a. The provision of Oxygen in itself does not necessarily mean that you would have to report a Change of Circumstances (C of C) to DLA.

The important issue is, does the provision of Oxygen improve your walking limitations that gave you your High Rate DLA Mobility Award, and/or diminish your care needs that gave you DLA Care Award.

If you feel that they do, you have to report a C of C.

You can also report a C of C if you feels that the provision of Oxygen increases your care needs, which may lead to a higher award.

The same applies for ESA, if you feel that the provision of Oxygen has altered your limitations to such an extent that it may result in a lesser or higher award (grouping) of ESA.you should report a C of C to ESA.

All reports of a C of C should be made in writing to the address of the applicable DLA/ESA Benefits Office/Centre :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

b. If your Postcode is a "PIP Active Postcode", when you report a C of C to DLA, this will result in you being reassessed under PIP criteria.

If the Postcode that you live in is not PIP Active at the time of reporting the C of C, you will be reviewed under DLA criteria

See : This News Article and : The Gov.UK PIP Postcode Map.

If you feel that it is not necessary to report a C of C as there has been no improvement in your walking limitations, or a change in your care needs, as you were under 65 on 08/04/13 and have Indefinite DLA Awards, you will be chosen at random to claim PIP sometime after October 2015 running until October 2017.

Have a look at our : DLA Guides where you will see a link to a guide entitled "Changes Of Circumstances For People Claiming Disability Living Allowance" just over a third of the way down the page.

You could also try our : PIP Self Test to give you some idea how you may fare when you have to claim PIP.

See also : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Please reply to this post if you have any other queries.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.