× Members

requesting a home medical assessment for a PIP

• Debby
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #135964 by Debby
Trying to arrange a home medical for my daughter as hasn't been well enough to leave the house for the last 6 weeks. Only normally goes out for 1/2 once a fortnight. ATOS say no. Waiting to talk to ourGP as she faxed through a letter for ESA. ATOS say this is not an option. Any advice welcome please. Very new here so hope I have done this right !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135976 by Gordon

Debby wrote: Trying to arrange a home medical for my daughter as hasn't been well enough to leave the house for the last 6 weeks. Only normally goes out for 1/2 once a fortnight. ATOS say no. Waiting to talk to ourGP as she faxed through a letter for ESA. ATOS say this is not an option. Any advice welcome please. Very new here so hope I have done this right !

Have you been able to confirm that ATOS have received the GP's letter?

I'm afraid home assessments are at the discretion of the Assessment Provider, if you indicated in daughter's PIP2 form that she leaves the house every fortnight then this will likely count against a home assessment being allowed.

You can try to involve you MP. See

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.