× Members

Evidence in doctors letter?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #135992 by Mystique
Evidence in doctors letter? was created by Mystique
Hi everyone!

I'm just wondering what type of thing the DWP/ATOS/Maximus would be looking for my doctor to put in the medical evidence letter. Should it just be a brief confirmation of "Yup, I can confirm she has X, Y and Z conditions" or should it be more detailed about how it affects me and my daily life?

Thanks a million :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135997 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Evidence in doctors letter?
Hi Mystique,

This query was addressed briefly in your previous thread, here -

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=104405

To elaborate, a letter confirming that you suffer from x,y,z will be of limited use. The more the evidence relates to the descriptors, and says what you cannot do and why, the more use it will be.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mystique

More
8 years 11 months ago #136015 by bigcat
Replied by bigcat on topic Evidence in doctors letter?
I have spoken to a few GP's who feel as frustrated as us with all this.The ones i spoke to fear they are not always listened to .I have had experience at tribunal of Dr on panel questioning the credentials of GP ie who has written this is it a locum? and why isn't the GP's name listed on the letter headed paper of the surgery (how should i be expected to know?) It will certainly help to have a GP letter and can be very supportive. I attended a tribunal with someone and the GP concluded in the letter ' I wonder if she will ever be able to work' This helped but it probably boils down to how individual GP's are prepared to stick their necks out and I think they wont all.
You pays your money and takes your chance (£15.00 ish) in my experience for a letter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mystique

More
8 years 11 months ago #136050 by Mystique
Replied by Mystique on topic Evidence in doctors letter?
Oh dear, I'm really sorry about that Mrs Hurtyback! I couldn't find the original thread I submitted so assumed I must have done something stupid and not submitted it correctly, so I asked this question. Thank you very much for the replies :)

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136064 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Evidence in doctors letter?

Mystique wrote: Oh dear, I'm really sorry about that Mrs Hurtyback! I couldn't find the original thread I submitted so assumed I must have done something stupid and not submitted it correctly, so I asked this question. Thank you very much for the replies :)

Hi M,

If you want to find a previous topic that you have started, you can left click on your blue username to the left of your posts.

Or you can Bookmark/Favourite the page in your Internet Browser (top right of page) to gain a quick link back to your topic.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.