× Members

PIP Medical assesment

• stripey
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136028 by stripey
PIP Medical assesment was created by stripey
Hi I applied for PIP and have my medical coming up soon, I'm wondering what is going to happen. I have read the PIP guide and have read what happens at a face to face medical assessment and winners and losers but I didn't find it very informative as my problems are due to medication for schizophrenia with such side effects as sedation. My claim is based largely around the fact that I can't do physical things due to being sedated and also I have learning difficulties and anxiety, this also plays a large part in my claim. As its not means tested I thought the the sedation I have to endure every day should would be a good reason to claim PIP. I scored 38 points in the online PIP test.

Has anyone with the same health conditions had a PIP assessment or know what questions will be asked and what will be the best way of describing them?

I really said a lot on my claim form and because of my learning difficulties and memory I find most of what I wrote even though true hard to remember. I was hoping I would not have to have a face to face assessment.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136035 by
Replied by on topic PIP Medical assesment

stripey wrote: Hi I applied for PIP and have my medical coming up soon, I'm wondering what is going to happen. I have read the PIP guide and have read what happens at a face to face medical assessment and winners and losers but I didn't find it very informative as my problems are due to medication for schizophrenia with such side effects as sedation. My claim is based largely around the fact that I can't do physical things due to being sedated and also I have learning difficulties and anxiety, this also plays a large part in my claim. As its not means tested I thought the the sedation I have to endure every day should would be a good reason to claim PIP. I scored 38 points in the online PIP test.

Has anyone with the same health conditions had a PIP assessment or know what questions will be asked and what will be the best way of describing them?

I really said a lot on my claim form and because of my learning difficulties and memory I find most of what I wrote even though true hard to remember. I was hoping I would not have to have a face to face assessment.

Hi s,

Besides the information on what to expect at your PIP F2F Assessment from Page 70 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide, (2nd Link on page) further information can be gleaned near the bottom of the same page under the heading : PIP DWP Resources

You don't state whether your F2F is at home or at an Assessment Centre, under either situation the questions asked by the assessor should follow a very similar format.

If you have to attend an Assessment Centre, how you manage the trip to and from the centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

Observations may be made on your approach to the building, whilst inside and on leaving.

The Assessor may make assumptions as a result of these observations, and make comments resulting from these assumptions within The PIP Medical Report.

If it is a Home Assessment, you can choose the room for the assessment, the assessor should not want to look around your home, but you may want to draw their attention to any aids and adaptations that you have within your home.

You can have someone with you in either of the above, and they can take notes.

If you have memory problems, you could make some notes.

This being the case you should tell the assessor why you need these notes.

Other members who have had PIP Assessments are most welcome to provide feedback if they wish.

However, remember, it is not the heath condition in itself that may or may not qualify you for a PIP award, it is the resulting limitations/disabilities and how they affect "You"

Please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

• Rubyred
8 years 11 months ago #136071 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic PIP Medical assesment
Stripey, hopefully you took copies of the assessment that you sent in. Take a copy of the relevant pages with you to the assessment, as Bro58 says explain to the assessor why you have them, but theres no reason why you cant have notes to prompt you.
Be youself, be honest, dont try to hide anything and youll be OK.

• stripey
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #136099 by stripey
Replied by stripey on topic PIP Medical assesment
HI Bro58, Rubyred

The medical is at home, I don't have any adaptations or aids.

I typed the whole how your disability effects you form out on computer using the PIP guide off this site I then attached it to to the form so I have all my answers with me. I reckon I would need it to answer half the questions.

• Rubyred
8 years 11 months ago #136152 by Rubyred
Replied by Rubyred on topic PIP Medical assesment
Good luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris