× Members

PIp descriptor 11F

More
8 years 11 months ago #136033 by Bill24chev
PIp descriptor 11F was created by Bill24chev
A recent UT decision (UK/5567/2014 ) upheld a FTT decision that a claimant was entitled to 12 points and Enhanced Mobility under PIP descriptor 11F. The claimant did not meet the Cognitive impairment requirement set out in DWP guidance for this Descriptor.

Does this mean that the DWP guide=ance is no longer applicable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136036 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIp descriptor 11F
Hi B24c,

I know Gordon is answering your query, but do you mean :

2015 UKUT 240 AAC ?

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 11 months ago #136037 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIp descriptor 11F

Bill24chev wrote: A recent UT decision (UK/5567/2014 ) upheld a FTT decision that a claimant was entitled to 12 points and Enhanced Mobility under PIP descriptor 11F. The claimant did not meet the Cognitive impairment requirement set out in DWP guidance for this Descriptor.

Does this mean that the DWP guide=ance is no longer applicable?

I've had a quick read of the of this new Decision and I don't believe that it significantly affects the operation of the Descriptor or the associated DWP guidance.

The case revolves around the sight impairment of the claimant and this has always been a qualifying condition for 11(f) which reads

f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris