× Members

End of my tether

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136052 by Luke
End of my tether was created by Luke
I suffer mental and physical illness and me and my family are very poor I claim housing benefit and esa, I've been turned down for pip after a2hr grilling after which the interview lied on the report.

Now today had a phone call out of the blue from dwp saying it was benefits review team, I panicked and told them I had to go out so they are calling back tomorrow. I feel suicidle as I know the only reason they are calling is to trick me into dating something wrong or just plain lying, just to stop or reduce my benefit. We are barely able to manage on the money now we literally eat bread morning non and night, if they lower the money me my wife and the young kids are doomed.

What the hell can I do. Please help
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136065 by Luke
Replied by Luke on topic End of my tether
Submitted a question earlier this afternoon and it's not on the forum, can I get some help with it please I am due a phone call tomorrow morning

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136075 by
Replied by on topic End of my tether

Luke wrote: I suffer mental and physical illness and me and my family are very poor I claim housing benefit and esa, I've been turned down for pip after a2hr grilling after which the interview lied on the report.

Now today had a phone call out of the blue from dwp saying it was benefits review team, I panicked and told them I had to go out so they are calling back tomorrow. I feel suicidle as I know the only reason they are calling is to trick me into dating something wrong or just plain lying, just to stop or reduce my benefit. We are barely able to manage on the money now we literally eat bread morning non and night, if they lower the money me my wife and the young kids are doomed.

What the hell can I do. Please help

Hi L,

There will always be a delay between you posting and your post appearing on the forum, dependent on how many Mods are on-line and how many other posts we have awaiting approval and a response.

I know it is easier said than done, but please try to calm down ! :)

You may be worrying unduly, you first need to find out what exactly the phone call is in relation to.

You can covertly record the phone call if you have the facility to do so.

If you take the phone call, and are not happy with the way it is developing, you can simply state that you wish to end the call and request that they put whatever they have to say in writing.

They cannot pressure you into answering questions over the phone, if you feel that they are, again you can inform them that you are ending the call and that they should write to you.

Once you know what the phone call is about, you can return to the forum and we will try to help further.

Please let us know tomorrow, and try not to worry too much ! :)

bro58

More
8 years 11 months ago #136091 by Luke
Thank you bro, it is a benefit review but if I don't answer the questions they could stop my benefit and I'm worried it's just an exercise in cutting my money

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136092 by
Replied by on topic End of my tether

Luke wrote: Thank you bro, it is a benefit review but if I don't answer the questions they could stop my benefit and I'm worried it's just an exercise in cutting my money

Hi L,

If it was a proper, full benefits review, they could not carry it out over the phone, as they need to see bank statements, etc.

As I advised, wait and see what the phone call is about, you are expecting the worse when that may not be the case. ! :)

You are entitled to request that they put whatever they want to say over the phone in writing, they cannot stop your benefits for making such a reasonable request.

bro58

More
8 years 11 months ago #136093 by Luke
Thank you kindly for your advice, call is done I just requested the review to be done by writing as I was suffering anxiety which I was. They said that s fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.