× Members

Neuro Linguistic Programming

More
8 years 11 months ago #136096 by Bill24chev
Neuro Linguistic Programming was created by Bill24chev
I am concerned about this so have done a bit of research my self.

First of all Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is not recognised as a Physiological Intervention and “Master Practitioners in NLP” are not recognised as Psychologists by the British Psychological Society (BPS).

If the DWP (or members of staff etc.) are claiming that this therapy is carried out by Psychologists they could be committing an offence under the HCPC rules for Protected Titles. Psychologist is a Protected Title, see
www.hpc-uk.org/complaints/protectionoftitle/

You can make a formal complain to the HCPC

The BPS recommend that before any “Psychological Intervention” is undertaken you should check that the Practitioner is registered to practice with the HCPC.

Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) does have an association that may perform a regulatory function but Master Practitioners in NLP” are not listed as practitioners regulated by the HCPC but they may be registered with the HCPC in some other capacity if they meet the requirements for another profession which could of course be a Chartered psychologist.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 11 months ago #136110 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Neuro Linguistic Programming
Bill

I've allowed your post but locked it to prevent discussion on a subject not supported in the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.