× Members

DLA to PIP - ongoing nightmare

More
8 years 11 months ago #136253 by sylvia73
Replied by sylvia73 on topic DLA to PIP - ongoing nightmare
Good Evening Gordon,

Apologies. I am truly getting lost in all of the paper work. My head is scrambled, so please bear with me as I go through the dates systematically.

Award was issued 09/06/14 – letter informing me of that came dated 18/06/14 (I rang the same day to have it looked at again).

Letter stating my request to look at their decision again 05/08/14

04/12/14 received a letter with a Mandatory Reconsideration Notice received – stating no change, evidence based on school report

I called them 0n 10/12/14 to have it looked at again as the evidence used was incorrect. Faxed all the stuff.

11/12/14 letter from DWP saying that they will look at the claim again.

20/01/15 letter from DWP saying that they are still looking…,apologies for repeating it all. I think I have just lost the plot. Hopefully you will be able to untangle all of this and point me in the right direction.

Sylvia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #136264 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP - ongoing nightmare
Sylvia

If the Decision was made on 9 June 2014 then you are outside of the 13 month limit, if it was made on 18 June then you have two days to apply.

I would send the request anyway, the worst that can happen is that they reject it! There is a link to the form that you need complete in the ESA Appeal guide and an explanation of how to complete it, you don't need to go into detail on the form so it shouldn't take more than an hour to complete. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You will need to explain why it is late, I would reference the delays created by the DWP and that you were told that you needed to request a further MR despite the fact that your son had already had one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.