× Members

Car tax exemption

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136180 by Steph
Car tax exemption was created by Steph
Hi everyone.
I have recently been awarded the higher rate living allowance and mobility allowance, therefore qualifying for car tax exemption. My current vehicle has tax on it for about 2 months, but during this time I am going to change vehicles.

My question is how do I tax the new (second hand) vehicle as first time disabled? I gave an exemption certificate, but as the seller will send off the V5 with the changes on it, can I just go to the list office with all my documents and new keeper supplement and get the free tax or do I gave to pay to tax it then claim it back once I receive the V5 in my name?

Many thanks
Steph
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago #136187 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Car tax exemption

Steph wrote: Hi everyone.
I have recently been awarded the higher rate living allowance and mobility allowance, therefore qualifying for car tax exemption. My current vehicle has tax on it for about 2 months, but during this time I am going to change vehicles.

My question is how do I tax the new (second hand) vehicle as first time disabled? I gave an exemption certificate, but as the seller will send off the V5 with the changes on it, can I just go to the list office with all my documents and new keeper supplement and get the free tax or do I gave to pay to tax it then claim it back once I receive the V5 in my name?

Many thanks
Steph

Hi S,

There is information on claiming 50% Car Tax reduction just over half way down : This Page.

Under the heading : Vehicle tax reduction.

Failing that, contact DVLA or The PIP Helpline.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.